Santa is already in his sleigh on the way to your home, but there is a good chance he may have stopped by some of the Triangle top retailers to fill your stocking. Yelp recently released the top places to shop in the triangle based on user reviews.
“To create this list, we ranked local businesses that fall into a variety of shopping categories based on the number of reviews and their star rating,” remarked Lauryn Colatuno, Yelp NC Triangle Community Manager. “We are excited to reveal this list for the very first time.”
Retail stores included in the list are located in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. The following are the top ten retailers based on top reviews in 2015.
1.Bull City Running Company – Yelp Elite Rose L says, “The store also has running gear in stock: supplements, supplies, clothing and undergarments in addition to their great selection of shoes. I’ve gone to a handful of running stores in the area, and I would say confidently that Bull City’s shoe prices are typically about $10-$15 less than their competitors.”
2.Logan Trading Company A one stop garden shop in Seaboard Station: Yelp Elite Rae W says “I love this place. There are so many flowers and I can walk around the nursery for hours. The best thing about this store are the soaps. There are natural Shea butter soaps in different fragrances.”
3.Chapel Hill Comics – Yelper Rod O comes here for “Comics, Manga, Graphic Novels, T-shirts and some other cool and New Books!”
4.Reader’s Corner – Yelper Quinn T says – “This is definitely a must go to place for bookworms. I suggest you try to find what you’re looking for here first before hitting up a Barnes or Borders. It’ll save you so much cash that you can then spend elsewhere. “
5.Morgan Imports – Yelper Lydia H – “Need a gift? How about a thank you card, or a new chair, or a sun hat, or a candlestick, or a plush baboon? Morgan Imports is the place for you. Every time I visit, I’m astonished by the variety of items sold, and the often reasonable prices. I’ve been able to get presents for everyone on my list at MI, as well as decor for myself.”
6. Deco Raleigh – Yelp Elite Jon B “Shirts, toys, mugs, jewelry, books, and stuffed animals are among the numerous items they carry. They have stuff for people of all ages, and a lot of the items are made locally.”
7. Chaz’s Bull City Records- Yelper Nick S – “Vinyl enthusiasts beware! Upon entering this establishment, you may not want to leave!
But seriously, the selection of vinyl here is spectacular, clearly showcasing local, new, and used vinyl respectively. It’s organized well and the prices for some items are unbelievable.”
8. Quail Ridge Books & Music – Yelper Justin W – “This is a great local bookstore that deserves to be supported. They have a wide variety of books, as well as some nice “Meet The Author” events every month.”
9. Booth Custom Jewelers – Booth Custom is a custom jewelry and restoration studio owned and operated by Brian and Lily Booth. Yelper John L “Fantastic local business.My fiancée brought in a ring to be redesigned. They worked with us, drew up a model and gave a good quote right there on the spot.”
10. Cameron’s – Yelp Elite Breanna E- “I LOVE this store! They have funny magnets, awesome shirts, cute winter hats and gloves and scarves, fake roaches which I plan on using on an unsuspecting coworker… It’s great!!!”