Green Lake, Wisconsin’s Evensong Spa is making it easier for guests to commit to New Year’s health resolutions with an entire month dedicated to wellness inside and out during January Wellness Month.
Educating the community and guests with a variety of health and wellness topics is the goal of Wellness Month, as well as helping to inspire a lifelong commitment to healthy living for mind, body and spirit. Through a variety of wellness seminars, fitness classes and special spa services, Evensong Spa hopes to inform and encourage participants to cultivate lasting wellness.
Saturdays of January Wellness Month will typically begin with a refreshing and rejuvenating 8 a.m. yoga class. These will be followed by several other classes, such as Skincare 101 with various makeup lines, meditation seminars and other wellness topics.
Mark the calendar with these January Wellness events:
Saturday, Jan. 2:
- Yoga with Jennifer Culver: Jennifer Culver’s passion is “living a heart-centered, positive lifestyle filled with kindness in thoughts actions and words.” Join her for this beginner level yoga class open to any experience level. It is a donation-based class with the proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Recovery foundation. Reservations are recommended and Evensong Spa has mats available for loan.
- Let’s Face It: Skincare 101 with Eminence Organics: Healthy skin is a reflection of what you feed your body, inside and out. That’s why Eminence Organics sources premium ingredients from organic farms worldwide to ensure their products are USDA Certified Organic. To get the best results from the best skincare products, you have to know which ones are right for you. Learn about proper skin care techniques and starting a daily routine.
- Beauty With Brilliance: Jane Iredale Cosmetics: Jane Iredale Cosmetics holds the philosophy that makeup is an essential part of a woman’s sense of well-being and should be easy to achieve. That’s why the mineral powders are a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one, and why every product in the line is multi-functional. The goal was to make products that look good, feel good and are good for the skin. Products must be easy to apply, as well, so that a woman can be her best in the shortest amount of time. Join us for makeup tips and the benefits of choosing Jane Iredale, The Skin Care Makeup.
Saturday, Jan. 9:
- Meditation 101: The Nuts & Bolts of Meditation with Sahnya Thom: Beginning at 9 a.m., Sahnya will teach you portable meditation skills so you can make better choices, improve relationships, relate to pain with less suffering, and appreciate your everyday life more. Meditation 101 will give you the tools and skills to build a daily practice, learn mental resilience exercises, practice not reacting from high emotional states, and simply enjoy your life more.
- Let’s Face It: Skincare 101 with Kerstin Florian: Learn about holistic Kerstin Florian skin care products, created with the highest respect for authenticity and quality using the best natural ingredients: including phyto essences, essential oils, minerals, herbal extracts, algae, marine elements and wild-crafted mud. From mature to oily, dry to sensitive or combination skin, Kerstin Florian has products available to suit your needs.
- This Little Light of Mine: Optimal Wellbeing with Sahyna Thom: In this workshop, you will learn the essential ingredients to optimal wellbeing and how to sustain positive daily rituals. Participants will learn the power of positive emotions (e.g. gratitude, joy, courage) and how to generate them “on the spot” and how to keep a 5-minute daily journal to make sure you are “lighting your light!”
Saturday, Jan. 16:
- Yoga with Yelena Storma: Founder of Lotus Yoga in Fond du Lac, Yelena believes yoga and meditation are powerful tools to give a person stamina and confidence. Join her for this beginner level yoga class open to any experience level. It is a donation-based class with the proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Recovery foundation. Reservations are recommended and Evensong Spa has mats available for loan.
- Meditation 101: The Nuts & Bolts of Meditation with Sahnya Thom
- Emotions & Essential Oils with Yelena Storma: Essential oils play a powerful role in emotional healing. When we extract pure oils from a plant, we receive similar health benefits for our bodies because oils have the ability to penetrate the cell membrane and eliminate threats. During this class you will be able to sample oils and learn about their benefits.
- Thai Massage with Yelena Storma: Traditional Thai Massage is an ancient system of healing with roots in yoga, Ayurveda medicine and spiritual practice dating back over 2,500 years. This unique and complete system of Thai Yoga combines rhythmic massage, acupressure, gentle twisting, deep stretching and meditation. This class is great for low-back pain, tight shoulders and enhancing flexibility.
- This Little Light of Mine: Optimal Well-being with Sahyna Thom
Saturday, Jan. 23:
- Yoga with Jennifer Culver
- Meditation 101: The Nuts & Bolts of Meditation with Sahnya Thom
- This Little Light of Mine: Optimal Wellbeing with Sahyna Thom
Saturday, Jan. 30:
- Yoga with Yelena Storma
- Emotions & Essential Oils with Yelena Storma
- Partner Yoga with Yelena Storma: During this practice, we learn about ourselves through each other. You will experience how to support each other, trust each other and activate the life-force energy, or prana. Partner yoga brings kinesthetic awareness through touch and deepens self-awareness. This class is open to all levels and you are encouraged to bring a friend or partner willing to experience something new.
Throughout the month of January, Evensong Spa will feature these $50 midweek service specials, available Sunday through Thursday:
- Refresh Facial with Scalp Massage: The perfect 35 minute pick me up for dehydrated, tired skin. Face is cleansed, exfoliated, toned and moisturized leaving you feeling refreshed. Finish with a soothing scalp massage to relax your mind and body.
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage: A 30-minute relaxing massage that concentrates on the back, neck and shoulder muscles and is designed to relax and target the areas of your body where you hold stress and tension.
- Cranberry Citrus Pedicure: A 50-minute winter-themed pedicure. Enjoy a light exfoliation with cranberry citrus salt, followed by a cranberry citrus shea butter to hydrate your skin. This pedicure is perfect for reshaping the nails and tidying up the cuticles. Finish with your favorite polish or buffed to a shine.
Every Wednesday evening throughout the month of January, Evensong Spa will be extending their hours until 8 p.m. so that guests and area residents can enjoy more time for Evensong’s healing services and tranquil environment.
“Our hope is that our January Wellness Month will encourage guests and residents to experience a variety of events that will promote healthy living inside and out. We want to motivate and help guests achieve their health goals in a fun and judgement free learning environment,” said Druellen Kosti, Evensong Spa director.
As a special offer for Wellness Month guests, rooms are available at Heidel House Resort starting at just $69 per night. For reservations, call Heidel House at 800-444-2812.
For more information on Wellness Month programming or to make a spa appointment, call Evensong Spa at 920-294-3347.
Evensong Spa, Heidel House Resort