President Clinton in the 1990’s served to decimate the African American community, families and any chance for employment and education. Along with his wife, now presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, Bill set the plan in motion to court the poor white vote by bringing down and being as hard as possible on African American people during his presidency. This is why African Americans should fear a Hillary Clinton presidency. Review the practices and bills that the Clintons put in place against African Americans in the 1990’s.
The harshest penal laws against African Americans- The United States has the highest rate of incarceration in the world imposed by Bill Clinton on African Americans after courting their vote in his run for president. Bill Clinton filled the jail system with African Americans. He knew that when he became president that he would impose the harshest penal laws against them. He met with the Black Clergy groups in their churches across the nation. I attended several of those meetings and activities during his campaign. Perhaps he was taking inventory of how many For-Profit-Prisons would be needed. He met with African American politicians and community leaders and when elected he increased the prison population of African American federal and state inmates.
Superpredators– Following her husband’s lead, Hillary Clinton is speaking in African American churches including the church where the massacre of African American Bible study victims in Charleston, South Carolina occurred. She is using the names of victims killed by police such as Trayvon Martin and Sandra Bland and she met with the families of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice and Dontre Hamilton, all dead and African American. It is ironic that she is using their names to get votes when in1996 in a speech to a white audience in Keene, New Hampshire while First Lady she called African American children “superpredators, with no conscience, no empathy, we have to bring them to heel.” Suggesting these African American children are dogs and should be treated as dogs. Now she wants votes from the children and their parents who she referred to as dogs. With that speech, she proceeded to seduce support for the passage of her husband, President Clinton’s crime bill which was the hardest on African American men than at any time in American history.
The legacy of Bill and Hillary Clinton explains why African Americans should fear a Hillary Clinton presidency. Win Bill was president, Hillary lobbied support for:
• They increased the prison population of African Americans, especially men in federal and state prisons
• They escalated the war on drugs and the war on crime beyond any conservative president or candidate
• They supported 100 to1 sentencing disparity for crack vs. powder cocaine after crack was purposely flooded into African American communities, which created more racial injustice
• They championed the 3 strikes law, no matter how minor, resulted in mandatory life sentences.
• President Bill Clinton was so anxious to put a mentally ill African American man to death that he flew back to Arkansas to oversee his execution. Rick Ray Rector was so impaired that he asked to have his dessert wrapped-up so that he could eat it later
• They filled the prisons with African Americans resulting in the highest rate of incarceration in the world, 80 to 90% are African American
• African Americans are sent to long prison sentences of all drug offenders sent to prison even though they are no more likely than whites to use or sell illegal drugs.
• President Clinton’s tenure produced the highest increase in the prison population
• 42% of the overall prison population are young African American non-college educated men
• The introduction of the for-profit-prison system, the school-to-prison pipeline and the modern-day-slavery system
• They put $30 billion dollars to build more federal prison
The above are only a few of the bills, laws and practices against African Americans under Bill and Hillary Clinton’s reign. You may not have known of the Clinton’s damaging plans against African Americans in the 90’s. However, now there is no excuse for allowing another Clinton into the office of President to continue racist practices against African Americans once in office. As President G.W. Bush stated, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. African Americans do not be fooled.