Atlanta Workplace Examiner (AWE) News this February
From The Atlanta Business Chronicle
New Bill, New Jobs: Can you imagine Georgia as a creative entertainment and media hub for the film, music, and television industries? A Georgia state representative proposes that House Bill 956 may do just that. With local artists achieving national & international notoriety & fan following, this bill hopes to capitalize on this by fueling industry growth & creating jobs. The creation of tax credits for entertainment related expenditures is a major selling point.
State farm to add 1,500 jobs: Get ready, get set, & apply! What could be better than the 1,500 opportunities for job searchers? This hiring initiative is accompanied by a $2.57 hour increase to a $15.00 hour minimum starting wage for current and future State Farm employees. Are your talents a fit? Customer service, claims, sales, IT, bilingual roles & more.
Which comes first? Healthy Community or Healthy Workplace: Is this a chicken vs. egg debate? Certainly, there is a reciprocal relationship. Either one will only benefit from the other. While we often think the workplace has the major influence (from benefits, wellness programs, etc.). Might the community also have power & influence on employee health? Get insight on how you can help your community build a healthier workplace today.
Expectations – clarity = employee stress: Do you have a sound idea of what is expected of you on your job? YES! Great – good for you. NO! – Oh . . . well . . are you stressed about that? According to ComPsych’s “2016 Tell It Now” survey, your lack of clarity has an impact. Take a look at a few of the findings on ‘what stresses employees’.
- 31 percent said “unclear expectations from supervisors”
- 20 percent said “confusion / conflict between coworkers / departments”
- 18 percent said “belief that workload will increase or become more difficult”
- 15 percent said “uncertainty about future / questions about stability of company”
- 13 percent said “new processes / operating rules / skills needed”
- 3 percent said “other”
Find out more at www.compsych.com.
Company culture & your digital business: Company/organizational culture is the one phenomenon that touches any & every area of your business. Its impact can allow for you to reap benefits & rewards, but can also sew seeds of dysfunction that undermine the best business model, marketing plan, or HR strategy. Clearly culture can also impact a companies’ ability to successfully embrace the digital age. Odgers Berndtson and Forrester Research surveyed close to 1,000 executives worldwide in the “State of Digital Business Report”. A few Results . . .
- 4 in 5 companies (84%) do not have the necessary skills and talent to execute this transformation.
- 21% feel they are equipped with the right team to define their digital strategy,
- 14% believe they have the necessary processes in place to implement a digital transition.
- 79% of company leaders do not currently believe they have the right culture in place to succeed.
- 14% of executives indicated they are confident that their company has the right processes to execute the digital strategy.
- 26% agreed that “Their CEO sets a clear vision for digital in our business.”
Visit www.odgersberndtson.com to identify six tactics to help your company accelerate its digital transformation.