So this survey from Ebates.com, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping and subsidiary of the global Internet services company Rakuten, says that the top gift on American women’s Mother’s Day gift wish list is quality time with their family (63 percent), followed by flowers (33 percent) and chocolate (28 percent). So listen up. If you haven’t gotten her gift yet, Mother’s Day is May 8 FYI, here’s some ideas for time together:
1. Book a cruise for just you and her or bring other siblings along for the ride. You will find a vast selection of ships and ideas on my National Cruise Examiner web site. You can either surprise and pick out a voyage on a cruise line’s website that you would enjoy taking her on and buying the tickets. Or you can draw up a cool certificate that’s good for one cruise of her choice and let her pick. Depending on your budget your can share a stateroom or book adjoining suites that man lines like Princess Cruises now offer for families. We once too both moms (his and mine) on a Princess Cruise as a Mother’s Day gift, it was one of the best things we ever did for our parents.
2. Okay so Egates.com says moms still like flowers. Well that’s a no-brainer just go on line to FTD, 1800Flowers or other floral site and order the bet darn arrangement you can get. It’s always extra special if you buy a bouquet that comes with a teddy bear or cute. 1800flowers has lots of choices here. One comes with a watering can but there are so many cool ideas.
3. Chocolate. This depends on the health and weight of your mother. It wouldn’t be my top choice.
4. Spa day however would top my list. Give her a whole afternoon at a day spa or if you can’t afford that a massage, facial, mani, pedi or even a gift certificate to have her hair styled. Lot of ideas can be found here.
5. A meal is another obvious choice. Take her to her favorite restaurant for dinner. Treat her to a Mother’s Day Brunch, cook for her at home. Be sure to have a special wine and/or Champagne to make it more festive.
6. An overnight in a hotel. Send her packing to a luxurious suite for an over night indulgence. Be sure to include dinner and breakfast and book and pay for it advance. She probably has a hotel in mind that she’s always want to stay at.
7. A trip to Las Vegas or Hawaii.
8. Luggage, lightweight with rollers.
9. Cosmetics such as anti-aging moisturizers, sunscreen, body scrubs and bath oils, dusting powder, perfume etc.
10. Depending on age and health, a membership at a local gym, yoga or Pilates Studio. However the Ebates survey said don’t give her a gym membership, not sure if that’s true though. Depends on the woman. The survey was conducted online within the United States by SSI on behalf of Ebates from April 7-8, 2016 among 1,003 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables contact Alessandra@Bospar.com.
The video we’ve attached has even more great gift ideas for Moms.
“This year’s survey demonstrates that gift choices vary between moms, with some looking forward to the classic gifts like flowers and chocolates, and others looking forward to getting pampered,” said Kevin H. Johnson, CEO of Ebates. “At Ebates, we want to help shoppers take the stress out of finding the perfect gift for mom, while earning cash back.” The survey also revealed that 42 percent of moms pick out their own Mother’s Day gifts some of the time, while another 8 percent say they always pick out their own gifts. The other half trust their families to get it right the first time, and never buy their own gifts. Mother’s Day spending is up in 2016 – way up. Last year, 35 percent of Americans planned to spend between $20-$50 and only 12 percent planned to spend between $100 and $150.