The Wailana Coffee House Cocktail Lounge offers a good meal, reasonable prices, and friendly service in Waikiki. It’s so well-known it’s almost an “institution” on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, and many diners are locals to the island or repeat customers from around the world.
Open 24 hours a day, the Wailana Coffee House is well-known for outstanding breakfast items. Their pancakes are authentic and made with various fruits included in the batter, and many believe their Eggs Benedict is the best on Oahu. Also consider the Mac Nut Pancakes and the guava stuffed French Toast with coconut syrup.
The portions are large and the Wailana Coffee House has an “old-style diner” feel to it. The restaurant can easily handle large groups, and there is a wait most of the day. But the line moves fast and service is quick once you’ve placed your order.
The Wailana Coffee House lunch and dinner menus cover everything from burgers, sandwiches, open-faced sandwiches, salads and spaghetti, to steak and their always delicious meatloaf. Some meals come with a salad from their salad bar, which is small compared to Mainland USA standards.
The Wailana Coffee House is a family friendly restaurant that is ideal for small children and elderly diners, and there is both table seating and counter seating for single diners and couples. There’s a small lounge attached to the restaurant, and you can purchase beer, wine, and mixed drinks (try their $4 Mai Tai) with your meal.
Looking for good food at a good value in Waikiki? Head over to the Wailana Coffee House and you won’t be disappointed.
- It’s hard to predict when there will be a line out the door, but it moves fast. Try to get there before 8 a.m. for breakfast.
- If you’re alone or with just one other person, sit at the counter. It’s quick and the service is super fast. Plus, you’ll have a “throw back” feeling as you sit at a 1950’s style counter and watch the food come streaming out of the kitchen.
- If you’re staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Illikai Hotel or the Hale Koa Hotel, the Wailana Coffee House is just a 5 minute walk from your resort.
- Stop for breakfast at the Wailana Coffee House and then walk further along Ala Moana Boulevard to the Ala Moana Center for some serious shopping at the largest outdoor shopping mall in the country.
- There are discounts for seniors and there is an Early Bird Special.
Wailana Coffee House Cocktail Lounge
1860 Ala Moana Blvd Honolulu, HI 96815 Phone: (808) 955-1764
Hours: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tripadvisor reviews give you a good idea what others think of Wailana Coffee House.
Yelp also gives good reviews of customer’s experiences.
Top Activities On Oahu.
- Experience Oahu’s best sights with Blue Hawaiian helicopters.
- Enjoy a personal encounter with Hawaiian marine animals at Sea Life Park.
- One must-have experience on Oahu is the Polynesian Cultural Center.
- Enjoy 4,000 acres of history, beauty and adventure at Kualoa.
- One of Oahu’s best luaus is at Paradise Cove.
- Of course, one must-do activity on Oahu is visit Pearl Harbor and see the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Shop at Ala Moana Center, the largest open-air shopping complexes in the USA and an easy walk from Waikiki.
- Tour Oahu on a bike with Pedal Bike Tours.
- Hoping to play some golf on Oahu’s famous courses? Aloha Golf Tours will help take of everything for you.
- Yes, you can ride a horse on a north shore beach. Book online at Hawaii Polo.
- Enjoy the spirit of Aloha while dining at Eggs ‘n Things.
- Of course, you can’t come to Hawaii without visiting an ABC Store.
- Be amazed by illusionist John Hirokawa with his Magic of Polynesia.
- Take a picturesque sunset dinner cruise with Ali’i Kai Catamaran.
- Take the kids for a day of rides and attractions at Wet ‘n’ Wild Hawaii.
- See The Best Of The Beatles at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world. Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.