If you’re looking for a getaway for Valentine’s Day, the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey has packages available—and they’re good all the way through March—or you can just choose to dine there for a romantic and delicious dinner. Here are highlights of their offerings.
Valentine’s Dinner at Jacks Restaurant
For Valentine’s Day dinner on Sunday, Feb. 14, 2016, Jacks Restaurant’s executive chef Jason Giles is serving a four-course dinner for two for $99. The meal includes a complimentary glass of sparkling wine for each person. Reservations are required at 831-649-7874.
- First course: smoked serrano & chicken boudine with lemon spätzle chimichurri sauce and a micro green salad
- Second course: choice of butter lettuce salad with roasted beets, candied pecans, glacier bleu cheese, and a port vinaigrette or lobster bisque with brioche croutons and crème fraîche
- Third course: choice of petite filet mignon with grilled rosemary gulf prawns served over parmesan-whipped potatoes and asparagus; sesame and black pepper crusted ahi tuna served over cashew rice with a broccolini sauté; mesquite roasted chicken breast served with a cherry & faro ragout, organic spinach topped with a sherry vinegar butter sauce; roasted beet ravioli chive and white wine sauce with shaved parmesan
- Fourth course: white and dark chocolate mousse filled tulips with fresh raspberries and a vanilla crème anglaise
Romance for Two Package
Through March 31, the hotel is offering a special package starting at $199 that includes overnight accommodations for two, warm homemade chocolate chip cookies at check-in, a bottle of Piper-Sonoma sparkling wine, chocolate-covered strawberries, and use of the 24-hour fitness center and pool/Jacuzzi/poolside cabanas. Blackout dates apply. For reservations or information call 888-222-5851.
The hotel’s Spa on the Plaza is offering a couple of Valentine’s specials; see details below. For reservations call the spa at 831-647-9000.
- Aromatherapy Massage with a Hydrating Facial & private tub, 110 minutes / $175 (valued at $245)
- Symphony Massage with a Spa Pedicure, 1.5 hours / $159 (valued at $180)
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay location: 201 Alvarado Street, Monterey
Follow me on Twitter @santacruzfoodie.