It’s that time of year again, folks. It is time to say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. A new year is almost here! Whether you plan to ring in the New Year with a great big bash or small, intimate get-together with a few of your favorite friends, it’s time to reflect and remember 2015 while looking forward to brand new goals, dreams and possibilities in 2016.
Besides ringing in the New Year with a glass or two of champagne and kissing that special person at the stroke of midnight, many people will kick off the new year with new resolutions. Most people, about 55 percent, will only tackle one resolution this year.And according to a recent GOBankingRates survey, the most popular goals for 2016 may surprise you!
- Enjoy life to the fullest – 45 %
- Live a healthier lifestyle – 41%
- Lose weight – 39 %
- Save more – spend less – 33 %
- Spend more time with family and friends – 30%
- Reduce debt – 27%
According to Health, some other popular resolutions that are good for your health include losing weight, kicking the smoking habit, cutting down on alcohol, continuing your education, reducing stress and getting more shut-eye.
New Year’s resolutions are fun and simple to make but often difficult to keep. While many have the best of intentions, it’s time to plan your winning strategy now.
- In order to keep resolutions, make them attainable, specific and realistic. Many resolutions are too general. For instance, how much money can you realistically save every month? What unnecessary expenses can you cut out of your life?
- Make a plan and create a check list.
- Give yourself a specific time frame.
- Keep a record of your journey.
- Tell your family and friends. A little encouragement from your BFFs can go a long way.
- If someone you know has the same resolution, why not tackle it together? The buddy system helps keep both of you motivated.
- Reward yourself from time-to-time. You deserve it!
- Give yourself a break if you fall off the resolution wagon – then hop back on.
And speaking of the New Year….
- Top 20 New Year’s Eve Movies: Best films to watch on New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Eve toasts, quotes and sayings to ring in the New Year
- 20 New Year’s Eve Cocktails: Ring in the New Year with refreshing holiday cheer
- 30 New Year’s Eve Appetizer Recipes Perfect for Parties
Science Alert. How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions, According to Science
Bankrate. 9 Ways to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
Fox5. Tips on Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions