Night of Joy is coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World in September 9 and 10, and it’s never too earn to plan for this major Christian concert event. The new venue offers several advantages to the former Magic Kingdom location (you can read about them here), but you’ll still need to do some preparation. Here are the top five ways to prepare:
- Decide whether you’d like to attend on one or both nights. It’s always a hard choice because Night of Joy features a wide array of top Christian bands. Do you want to see the line-up that features Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin on Friday, or would you rather catch the Newsboys, Switchfoot and the rest of the closing line-up on Saturday? (Hint: I recommend getting a two-night ticket so you don’t have to make tough choices).
- Choose your theme park. Even though Night of Joy isn’t being held at the Magic Kingdom this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some theme park time. Depending on the ticket option you choose, you can get daytime entry to the park of your choice, as well as your evening Night of Joy admission. That means you won’t have to choose between concerts and rides. However, it gives you a tough choice: do you head to the Magic Kingdom, indulge your inner Star Wars fan at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, take a walk around the world at Epcot, or journey onto the Savannah at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Good luck choosing just one!
- Get a group together. The only thing better than enjoying a night or two of praise at Walt Disney World is doing it with a group of like-minded friends. Night of Joy offers group discounts, so gather up a group from your church or some fellow fans from among your friends and family and enjoy the fellowship.
- Prioritize the acts. With three stages going at ESPN Wide World of Sports, you’ll have to make some choices because the bands overlap. Make a list of your must-sees so you’re ready to work out your specific schedule when the stage and time information is released.
- Scope out ESPN Wide World of Sports in advance. You might not have realized that ESPN Wide World of Sports is open to the public. If there’s a sports event you’d like to see, you can purchase a ticket. If you just want to check it out briefly, head over for lunch or dinner at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill. There’s no charge for parking, and you can get the lay of the land before Night of Joy in September.
If you’d like to get a virtual look at ESPN Wide World of Sports, jump here for a video tour. In the meantime, enjoy the video in this article, with a Newsboys Night of Joy performance from 2013.