Probably the best dressed at the 88th Academy Awards was the stage designed by Tony Award-winner Derek McLane who called for 200,000 Swarovski crystals to recreate the glamor of 1970s Hollywood. Of course, the evening also presented some of today’s most stylish presenters and nominees dressed to the nines as this top ten list shows.
Silver & Gold
10. At 70 and in Armani Privé, Best Actress nominee Charlotte Rampling proves good taste and great fashion has no age restrictions.
9. Presenter Margot Robbie rivals the coveted Oscar statuette in her glittering gold gown by Tom Ford.
Less is More
Busy prints, overcomplicated appliqués and fussy ruffles pale compared to the smartly constructed and simply stunning solid colors and clean lines on:
8. presenter Olivia Munn in Stella McCartney
7. presenter Sarah Silverman in Zac Posen
6. and costume designer Jacqueline West.
Black Lace Grace
5. Actress Charlotte Riley is enchanting in her Gauri & Nainika formal. Although her clutch may be lacking, she more than makes up for it with the most attractive accessory of the evening: Best Supporting Actor Tom Hardy.
4. As the face (and body) of Dior, Best Actress nominee Jennifer Lawrence appears effortlessly elegant.
3. Julianne Moore appears more at ease as presenter this year in Chanel Haute Couture than she did as last year’s winner. The black becomes her as does her hair-down do and retro-inspired hoop earrings.
2. From her chignon bun to her Christian Louboutin shoes, presenter Daisy Ridley is ideally suited for a Chanel Haute Couture dress which she wears without letting it wear her.
Model of Perfection
1. Model and short film director Dorith Mous is nothing short of breathtaking in this dramatic Dennis Diem creation.