A good, hearty breakfast is a great way to start a vacation day in Waikiki. There are many places in Waikiki on the Hawaiian island of Oahu to have a delicious breakfast, and get your body ready for a day of snorkeling, swimming, hiking, or seeing the many tourist sites.
While it’s always difficult to narrow a long list of breakfast places to just 10, here’s my list of the top breakfast places that are not a featured restaurant inside a hotel or resort. Enjoy!
- Eggs-n-Things. There’s two locations in Waikiki, one at 343 Saratoga and the other facing Waikiki Beach at 2464 Kalakaua. You’ll have a wait, but it’s worth it. At Eggs-n-Things the line moves quick, you order before you’re seated, and before you know it you’ll be eating Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, large and fluffy pancakes and Adobo fried rice. Tripadvisor Reviews.
- Wailana Coffee House. Across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village at 1860 Ala Moana Blvd, the Wailana Coffee House is almost a Waikiki “institution”. Open 24 hours a day, it’s mostly known for outstanding breakfasts, even though they offer an hearty lunch and dinner menu. Try the Macadamia Nut Pancakes with coconut syrup, a 3-egg omelet that’s enough for two, or the best blueberry pancakes you’ll ever eat. Since 1969, it’s popular with the locals as much as the tourists to Waikiki. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Seaside Bar & Grill. This is a casual, inexpensive breakfast place located at 2256 Kuhio in the middle of Waikiki. Breakfasts are cheap, simple, and quick with hot coffee and friendly service. Don’t expect any frills, it’s just basic breakfast fare like you fix at home. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Duke’s Waikiki. Sure, it’s famous for drinks at sunset and a Sunday dance party near the beach. But Duke’s Waikiki has an awesome breakfast buffet for just $17.00 and stout Bloody Mary’s. Plus, you’ll have an incredible view of Waikiki Beach and the early morning surfers. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Il Lupino Trattatoria & Wine Bar. Try a Macadamia Nut Hotcake, fluffy crepes, or a Vegetarian omelet. Il Lupino is on Level One of the Royal Hawaiian Center, so you can do some serious shopping after breakfast. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Giovanni Pastrami. Situated on the Beach Walk at 227 Lewers, Giovanni Pastrami hosts one of the largest breakfast menus in Waikiki. Try the Pastrami Fried Rice with eggs on top, half-pound Black Angus Meatloaf with eggs, or a Homemade Chili Omelet. You can skip lunch with the large portions at this breakfast mecca. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Bills Sydney. It’s a two-level restaurant at 280 Lewers on the Beach Walk. Bills Sydney has a Hawaiian vibe, with an Australian creator that has locations around the world. Try the Ricotta Pancakes. Tripadvisor reviews.
- MAC 24/7. You’re right, the Mac Daddy Pancakes were featured on a Man versus Food television episode. Give it a try if you’re super hungry, or just be wimpish and share the hot and wild blueberry pancakes with vanilla glaze. MAC 24/7 is in the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel at 2500 Kuhio on the east side of Waikiki near the Honolulu Zoo. It’s open 24 hours a day. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Goofy Cafe & Dine. It’s a bit funky, quaint and small, but if you’re on the west side of Waikiki you might want to give it a try. They only use locally-grown produce and a lot of items are organic. Goofy Cafe & Dine is at 1831 Ala Moana Blvd and is near the Ilikai Hotel. Try the Eggs Benedict with the Taro English muffins. Tripadvisor reviews.
- Harbor Pub & Pizza. Known for outstanding pizza, this truly “local dive” is next to the Waikiki Yacht Club and harbor and is a hang-out for local boat owners. Try the Biscuits and Gravy and the Belgian Waffle. It’s hard to locate at 1765 Ala Moana Blvd, but it’s underneath The Chart House just south of Ala Moana Blvd. It’s inexpensive and certainly different than your resort or hotel restaurant. Tripadvisor reviews.
Worth Mentioning: Pacific Beach Hotel’s Oceanarium Restaurant has a breakfast buffet that is outstanding, and you’ll literally be sitting next to a very large 280,000 gallon aquarium. They offer a wide selection of breakfast items, with an omelet station. The Pacific Beach Hotel is in the heart of Waikiki at 2490 Kalakaua. Tripadvisor reviews.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world. Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.