NBC’s The Voice returned on Monday with a new crop of hopefuls looking to be the next music superstar. If you missed any of the two-hour season premiere, here are the results – as well as links to watch each of the brand-new blind auditions.
Team Adam (2/12):
1. Mike Schiavo, “Talking Body” (3 chairs)
2. John Gilman, “Don’t Be Cruel” (1 chair)
Team Blake (2/12):
1. Paxton Ingram, “Dancing on My Own” (3 chairs)
2. Mary Sarah, “Where The Boys Are” (4 chairs)
Team Christina (2/12):
1. Bryan Bautista, “The Hills” (2 chairs)
2. Alisan Porter, “Blue Bayou” (4 chairs)
Team Pharrell (3/12):
1. Caity Peters, “Jealous” (4 chairs)
2. Nick Hagelin, “Lost Stars” (3 chairs)
3. Abby Celso, “Should’ve Been Us” (2 chairs)
By The Numbers:
Out of the eleven auditions aired on Monday night, three of them were four-chair turns. That means roughly one-quarter of the auditions turned four chairs.
Of those three, Alisan Porter’s was “leaked” by NBC late last week, so one-third of those were already spoiled. Two of the three were artists with previously established careers (Porter and Mary Sarah).
Porter’s audition closed the show, continuing The Voice‘s habit of ending with a four-chair audition, which happened in the first two weeks of blinds during Season 9.
In contrast, there was just one singler to only turn one chair, and that was John Gilman of Team Adam.
If you felt some musical deja vu, you were right. This episode contains two songs that were covered by Season 9 finalist Jeffery Austin: “Dancing On My Own” and “Jealous.” Meanwhile, “Lost Stars” was also recently the single for The Voice UK winner Stevie McCrorie, aside from its obvious connection to Adam Levine.
The Voice continues Tuesday at 8 p.m. on NBC.