It Pixie tangerine time again in Ojai, California and to celebrate the sweet, juicy citrus, the budget-saving The Oaks at Ojai spa is proffering all things Pixie starting in April with its spa treatments, culinary offerings, juices and a special five-night package. Of course the health resort isn’t the only one to honor the fruit, throughout Ojai, restaurants, hotels, shops and other businesses will offer their spin on the orange orb that is found only in in Ojai. When we say, “all things Pixie” we mean unmistakable “scents” in the lobby, staff dressed in tangerine colored t-shirts, a bowl overflowing with Pixies, Pixie infused water and baskets of tangerine all over the property. Last year Oaks guests devoured more than 7,000 pixies during Pixie month!
Other Pixie offerings include:
· Pixie tangerine seasonal scrub is a full body scrub utilizing tangerine essential oils along with fresh tangerines being squeezed into products table-side. A tangerine scrub exfoliates and the tangerine body lotion hydrates the skin. Guests leave with a Pixie to go
· Pixie scrub-making classes will be offered as an afternoon program once or twice during the month so guests can make their own bottle of scrub to take home and enjoy
· Pixie pedicure, includes fresh Pixie juice added to the sugar scrub used on the feet and lower legs. A selection of tangerine colored lacquers is available along with many other colors. Guests leave with a Pixie to go
· Green Tangerine Dream cleansing drink with Pixie juice served daily. This dream of a drink includes tangerines, celery, cucumber, spinach, lemon, ginger root, grapes and fresh mint
Pixie cooking demos by Chef Christine Denney on April 7, 16, 21 and 30 with items including Chocolate mouse infused with Pixie and all things Pixie
Bespoke menu items such as Pixie salads, a Pixie cupcake with Pixie marmalade topping as a dessert, Roasted Pixie Sweet Potatoes, , Brussels Sprouts with Pixies and Balsamic Vinegar, Gluten Free Pixie Cups, Pixie infused Dark Chocolate Spa Bark and Dark Chocolate Mousse and Pixie Popsicles
· Retail discounts and giveaways of Pixie bumper stickers, a full size bottle of Pixie body lotion, a Tangerine Oaks tee shirt, and more throughout the month
· Pixie Bingo: Most Fridays in April will feature Pixie questions
The five-night Pixie package includess a complimentary seasonal Pixie scrub spa treatment, and the weekly All About Town history strolls will include facts about Pixies
After all that you may never want to look at another tangerine again. The budget-friendly 46-room Oaks at Ojai offers rates that come with three calorie-conscious meals a day designed to promote weight loss, the choice of 15 fitness classes per day and evening entertainment and seminars. Exercise options include hiking, in-line skating, guided kayaking tours, belly dancing, yoga ropes, and qi gong, in addition to other fitness classes. A full menu of relaxing and therapeutic spa services is available as well as private consultations with a variety of health experts. The Oaks at Ojai is located at 122 East Ojai Avenue (Ojai’s main street).