A large number of Indians have become prominent figures in the Silicon Valley. In fact, they have started dominating the IT industry over there. The first ever Indians to the Silicon Valley arrived back in 1980s and they gradually increased in numbers. Here is a list of some of the most prominent Indian figures that you can see out there in Silicon Valley.
1. Sundar Pichai – Sundar Pichai can be considered as the most prominent Indian figure that you can see in Silicon Valley. He was recently selected as the CEO of Microsoft, which brought a lot of pride to India. However, Pichai still have to report to Larry Page, who is the CEO of Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google. Apart from Sundar Pichai, you can see 9 more Indians working as founders and CEOs in the Silicon Valley. As a result, a large number of job opportunities are available for Indians as well.
2. Padmasree Warrior – Padmasree Warrior, who was born in India, is now working as the Chief Technology Officer for Cisco Systems. She moved to USA soon after she obtained the graduation from Indian Institute of Technology during 1982. She has had a 23 year long career with Motorola and has played many different roles under the company. She had to go through a lot of difficulties when surviving in the male dominated industry that exists in Silicon Valley.
3. Amit Singhal – Amit Singhal is responsible for managing the powerful Google Search Engine. In addition, she is the person who is responsible for maintaining the algorithm that governs the Google search engine. It is the biggest revenue earner for Google as well. Amit Singhal obtained his degree from IIT Rookee and then moved to the United States for his higher studies. He was able to obtain his PhD from Cornell. After that he joined AT&T labs and started his career. He joined Google back in 2000.
4. Shantanu Narayen – Another prominent Indian figure that you can see in Silicon Valley is Shantanu Narayen. He was selected as the CEO of Adobe after working there for a period of 7 years. He is also the co-founder of Pictra, which became a popular photo sharing tool on the Internet. He introduced several innovative technologies to Adobe as well. The cloud based Illustrator and Photoshop subscription service holds a prominent place out of them.
5. Ruchi Sanghvi – Ruchi Sanghvi was able to become the first ever female engineer in Facebook. She joined the social media giant as a product manager and was responsible for managing the news feed. She was also managing the crucial algorithm that backed up the news feed of this website. Facebook acquired Dropbox back in 2013 and then she started working for it. She is only 33 years old and she has a promising future. This young Indian has already become a prominent figure in Silicon Valley within a short period of time.