April is Earth Month, in which people who appreciate and love the Earth take simple steps to find balance in life, to be sustainable, to work together and help save the environment and planet that we all live in. Whether it’s making a change, feeding the world, preventing wasting, restoring everything one possibly can — all these wonderful Earth month initiatives help make our home a better and safer place for us, for our children and our children’s children, and so on. Below are some brands that honor Earth Month and Earth Day.
CLEAN Reserve Rain is the ideal Earth month or spring fragrance, as this embraces ‘April showers’ thanks to its rain-inspired fragrance. CLEAN Reserve capture the clean, fresh and dewy air that we all know and love. It captures the serene moments after a lush rainfall. The CLEAN Reserve Rain [Reserve Blend] blends Amazonian rain with a sparkling freshness from bergamot, chilled cucumber and dewy water lily — sounds truly breathtaking. The fragrance top notes are bergamot, middle notes are moist white flowers and base notes are patchouli.
Ford Motor Company, a renowned American automaker, presented the 2016 Global Trend Tour recently in New York City. Ford takes advantage of global trends in making their vehicles environmentally conscious. Eco-friendliness is so important for the Earth. Ford’s Futurist, Sheryl Connelly hosted the fun-filled retreat throughout New York City to learn about three unique experiences such as:
- Carmel Place is New York’s first micro-home complex which is an example of the Swiss Army Life trend that calls for functionality and utility. This project is truly a revolutionary way to offer affordable housing to single people dreaming of residing in the Big Apple. What’s special about Carmel Place is that some units were reserved for the formerly homeless veterans, which is indeed socially responsible.
- Sacred Sound Tribe offers a meditative gong bath, which demonstrated the Mindfulness Goes Mainstream trend. Mindfulness has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. It has become very popular today, thanks to yoga enthusiasts. The Sacred Sound Tribe offered a meditative gong bath, which was incredibly relaxing, thanks to its founder, Lucy Child.
- Blue Hill restaurant offered an unforgettable zero waste culinary experience by WastED. To demonstrate the Waste Not, Want Not trend, attendees enjoyed a three course lunch made from food that was re-purposed or would be discarded. The Dumpster Dive Salad with fruit and vegetables and whipped chickpea water, and burger with a patty made from carrot and beet pulp may sound unappetizing, but tasted delicious.
ironSTRONG Jewelry by Tina Tang is ideal for someone, like Tina herself, who is passionate about physical fitness. Her beautiful, earthy and whimsical pieces of jewelry comes in all types of charms for all fitness enthusiasts. Tina Tang’s ironSTRONG fitness inspired jewelry collection is made of solid sterling silver and brass (all handmade in the United States). Whether you’re looking for someone’s initials or unique pieces that symbolize fitness such as bracelets, earrings, necklaces or cufflinks, ironSTRONG has it all: yoga, weightlifting, swimming, running, pole dancing, cycling, spinning, boxing. In addition to her fitness jewelry collection, there’s also the Tina Tang collection that offers sweet, sentimental custom designs. Tina also offers easy DIY instructions on how to clean silver jewelry and silverware. For those seeking that special birthstone, Chinese zodiac sign or just something sentimental for a special person, Tina Tang is a must-try. Even celebrities such as Natalie Portman and Catt Sadler have been seen wearing Tina Tang’s creations. There’s so much to choose from such as brass, gemstones, gold or silver in all different forms, shapes and sizes. For example this pair of “love” earrings will be sure to make her think of you every time she wears it. The Releaf necklace, handcrafted in sterling silver with the back engraved peace, love, recycle, is perfect to celebrate Earth Month.
Jurlique is having an Earth Day promotion where customers can receive a free seven piece gift set and an eco-tote bag with any purchase over $60. To take advantage of this great savings, use the promo code “EARTHDAY” at checkout. For example, the entire month of April is Rosacea Awareness Month and Earth Month, with April 22, 2016 being Earth Day. For those struggling with Rosacea, Jurlique’s Calendula Redness Rescue Soothing Moisturising Cream is wonderful. It contains Redness Rescue Complex which helps calm visible redness with Jurlique’s organic blend of calming ingredients. Other Jurlique products to try are:
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist is a daily hydrating mist with the relaxing scent of rose. It restores, tones, and hydrates the complexion, and boasts of balancing and moisturizing the skin.
- Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil is a luxurious, lightweight facial treatment that keeps skin hydrated and in perfect balance — day or night. It deeply moisturizes, helps improve skin’s suppleness and elasticity, as well as balances natural oil production to calm oily skin and hydrate dry skin.
- Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum is a youth defense concentrate that helps reduce fine lines, increase elasticity, restore radiance and hydration. It boasts of leaving skin glowing, hydrated and younger-looking.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 a skincare brand that’s loved by both men and women came out with its 8th annual Limited Edition Label Art Series for Earth Day, partnering with actor Nikki Reed for one gorgeous label, and athletes Gabrielle Reece and Laird Hamilton for the other, all to benefit Recycle Across America. The limited edition label depicts their vision of social responsibility for Kiehl’s .95 oz. Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, which is available now. 100 percent of net profits, up to $50,000, from this series, will benefit Recycle Across America™ (RAA), and the funds will be used to create 65,000 standardized recycling labels to 650 K-12 schools in the United States, to encourage and simplify recycling. Check out behind-the-scenes videos for Kiehl’s Earth Day campaign here. In addition, Kiehl’s is very pleased to announce a retooled Recycle and Be Rewarded! program, which is its in-store recycling initiative. To decrease the brand’s environmental footprint, Kiehl’s is no longer issuing printed Recycle and be Rewarded! cards. Instead, customers’ recycle count will be tracked digitally. This ongoing program is available only in Kiehl’s free-standing stores nationwide, and allows our customers to return their empty Kiehl’s bottles, tubes and jars for recycling, in exchange for product. Kiehl’s has recycled more than 3,000,000 bottles since Since 2009. In addition to recycling with Kiehl’s Limited Edition collection, customers can also recycle at Kiehl’s and earn complimentary products at the same time, which is definitely a win-win situation.
loccitane makes shopping for eco-friendly products one of the most effective ways to honor Earth Month. This year, both L’Occitane is helping consumers make a difference with its refill pouches for some best-selling product formulas: soaps, face wash, shampoo and more. It’s an easy way to refill bottles and jars, all while using less material (over 83% less in packaging weight), which the environment and the Earth will be very grateful for.
No nonsense not only offers fashionable leggings at reasonable prices. but it also cares a whole lot about the Earth. In addition to offering stylish tights, leggings and socks, No nonsense is on a mission to help people reduce their ‘fashion carbon footprint’ by recycling all tights and pantyhose. This first ever tights recycling program separates non-biodegradable nylon and spandex products from the landfills by re-purposing the materials found in many tights, and turns them into park benches, running tracks, car insulation and playground equipment. Come on and get started by visiting Nononsense.com/recycle to download a mailing label, box up all brands of used tights and pantyhose, and bring everything to the nearest shipping location. No nonsense accepts it all and sends them to a recycling facility.