Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9 pm EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6 pm PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
The Ed Tyll show – Loyal listeners have enjoyed Ed Tyll on WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLUP Chicago, WTKS Orlando, WBT Charlotte, WKRK Detroit, WWDB Philadelphia, KYNG Dallas, WORC Boston, WINZ Miami, KSDO San Diego, KQBZ Seattle, KTRS St.Louis, KOTK Portland, KNST Las Vegas, WGST Atlanta, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, TV 56 Merrillville, News Max, China Central News, Starcom Radio Network and other great Radio TV and Live Stream outlets. Ed Tyll is one of the biggest advocates of local musicians.
Friday February 19, 2016
- The Slackers w/ The Hempsteadys and The Screw-Ups – The Outer Space / The Ballroom 295 Treadwell St, Hamden, Connecticut 06514 – 8 pm – Manic Productions and Asbestos Records – Ticket price $20.00
- Pulse w/ Special guests Jean Claude Van Jam – The Red Door 675 Main St, Watertown, Connecticut 06795 – 9 pm – Pulse returns to The Red Door in Watertown CT and they are bringing their good friends in Jean Claude Van Jam along. Matt Semi Frenis & Tony Cee will be playing all your favorite jams in the lower level. Two bands & two DJs for only $5. This is going to be one hell of a party!
- Siksay Band – The Frog Pond 251 E Main St, Stratford, Connecticut 06614 – 9 pm – They will be playing original songs plus all your favorites from The Doors, Johnny Cash, Maroon 5 and many more.
Saturday February 20, 2016
- Mummers Mardi Gras – Manayunk.com 4312 Main St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19127 – 11 am – Manayunk.com and ADVENT Consulting, LLC are excited to bring the Philadelphia Mummers back to Manayunk for the biggest family-friendly Mardi Gras celebration in the city! Attendees will be treated to numerous performances from the most prominent string bands parading down Main Street. This winter spectacular event will allow families to enjoy all the pageantry of the Mummers in the quaint neighborhood setting of Manayunk.
The daylong celebration will not only provide excitement for Manayunk, but will contribute exposure and raise money for one of the greatest traditions in Philadelphia: The Mummers!
The parade route will start at Shurs Lane at 11AM and proceed down the length of Main Street. After the parade, we encourage all parade attendees to visit our participating restaurants, which will serve as String Band Clubhouses for the afternoon.
There are a plethora of activities and surprises to make this a wonderful Saturday celebration for friends and families that wish to delight their children with the true spirit of the Mummers. For more information, visit the Mummers Mardi Gras Facebook page.
Steve with Thirty6Red for Perkins School for the Blind Fundraiser – Showcase Live 23 Patriot Pl, Foxborough, Massachusetts 02035 – 6 pm – Thirty6Red returns for a great fundraising event benefiting the Perkins School for the Blind and local food pantries. Last year this was a sold out event with over 700 in attendance so get your tickets asap!
Thirty 6 Red, Witzend, OneEleven and MockingBird School of Music will be providing a superb mix of covers from artists like Bon Jovi, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink, Maroon 5, Carrie Underwood, Billy Joel, Def Leppard, Mettalica, Kenny Chesney, 38 Special, Kid Rock, Lorde, Lady Gaga, Pat Benatar as well as several brand new original songs from OneEleven.
This is an all-ages show from 6:30pm to 12:30am Doors open at 6:00. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Sponsor opportunities are available. Please contact FoxboroLionsClub@comcast.net for details. Tickets are available at www.showcaselive.com
Puddle of Mudd, with Hyngd, Remedy and Striven – The Chance Theater 6 Crannell St, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601 – 7 pm – Tickets $20.00
Dp acoustic live at Tom and Jerrys! – Tom and Jerrys Irish House 987 Route 22, Brewster, New York 10509 – 7:30 pm – This is one group you really need to go listen to live.
Jimy Sohns & Whatismu- Benefit Concert For Great Plains Zen Center – Countryside Church Unitarian Universalist 1025 N Smith St, Palatine, Illinois 60067 – 7 pm – We are pleased to announce “A Benefit Concert for Great Plains Zen Center” at Countryside Church on Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 7:00 pm, featuring Whatismu and special guest Jimy Sohns.
Whatismu artists Lorrie Kountz and Laura Jansons will bring their unique style of instrumental fusion rock to Countryside accompanied by haunting, intricately crafted videos created by Laura Jansons. As a prelude, a rare up-close and personal acoustic performance by 60’s icon Jimy Sohns of Shadows of Knight (GLORIA, SHAKE) will take place.
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased online at www.greatplainszen.org or at the door.
- Metal Night with Falling Further & more – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – 8 pm – Ascension 8-8:40
Paragon Theorem 9-940
Vision Within 10-10:40
Falling Further 11-12:00
Where The Corpses Fall 12:15-close
Doors at 7 pm , $5 cover All shows at Cherry Street Station are Strictly 21+
- Steel – Smokin’ Pony BBQ 963 Kings Hwy, Saugerties, New York 12477 – 8 pm
- Siksay Band – Bricks & Barley Tavern 441 Howe Ave, Shelton, Connecticut 06484 – 9 pm- The band hits the valley
Sunday February 21, 2016
- Benefit for Tommy Dow – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds go directly to help Tommy.
You can pay at the door or pickup your tickets at Cherry Street Station. (ticket sales are Cash only)
Admission will include an Italian style buffet, free draft beer while it lasts, and cash bar for other beverages. There will be raffle prizes and a 50/50. Live music all day featuring:
BLACKTOOTH – The Ultimate Pantera Tribute
Doors at 2pm, music starting at 4pm
All events at Cherry street Station are Strictly 21+
- Spirituality of the Grateful Dead – Congregational Church of Patchogue 95 E Main St, Patchogue, New York 11772 – 7 pm – “The Spirituality of the Grateful Dead” is a performance and reflection that explores the “spirituality” that infuses the music and musicians of the Grateful Dead. Libretto written by Dwight Lee Wolter, music performed by Rich Bente, Michael Costello, Brett Desing, Jim Fleming, Mike Katzman, Leah Kay, Bob Laino, Cindy Lopez, Jeff Perlman and Katie Perlman. This series, now in its 4th year, benefits the feeding programs of the Congregational Church of Patchogue.
- Jason Gerrish – Two Boots of Bridgeport – 281 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604 – 8:30 pm – Jason Gerrish will be playing a set at Two Boots in Bridgeport, CT. Come down and enjoy some great music and food. Jason will be playing along some other great artists:
Show starts at 7. Jason’s set starts at 8:30, but come down and enjoy some other great talent and best of all, it’s free. There is no cover charge.
If you would like articles like this delivered directly to your inbox please subscribe to the author. Please make sure you verify your email address when you subscribe.
If you are a band or venue and would like to have your shows listed on this weekly announcement please send us an email, or add us on Facebook.