Syfy is ready to roll out a new season of their breakout reality competition, “Face Off,” announcing a stellar upcoming guest list Monday with their media preview of the first two episodes. among the guests announced are actor Paul Reubens (aka PeeWee Herman), executive producer Gale Anne Hurd (“The Walking Dead”), Oscar-nominated and Emmy Award-winning producer Jason Blum (“The Normal Heart”), and — brace yourself for it horror and sci-fi fans — Lance Henriksen.
Host McKenzie Westmore, daughter of special effects icon Michael Westmore (“Star Trek”), returns to host the series, as well as judges Glenn Hetrick, Ve Neill, and Neville Page. Neill reunites with Reubens in Episode 2 for a whimsical toy-inspired challenge. The Oscar-winning makeup artist, known for her work on “Beetlejuice,” “The Hunger Game”s franchise and “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” previously worked with Reubens on “PeeWee’s Playhouse.”
What else can you expect this season on “Face Off?” Dream team challenges and teams that aren’t so dreamy, as in previous seasons, and plenty of personalities bringing their unique gifts to the work room. One particular contestant who seems to stand out in the first two episodes is Robert, originally from Berlin, Germany. He’s a little out in left field, even among artists. And that’s meant in the very best way.
Speaking of out in left field, the second episode sets a new record for the use of the word “nipples” during critique, courtesy of Reubens. You’ll have to tune in to see why.
Here’s the breakdown of this season’s contestants:
- Jennifer Bowden (36), Allegan, MI
- Anna Cali (31) Chicago, IL
- Anthony Canonica Jr. (21), Jersey City, NJ
- Yvonne Cox (28), Alberta, Canada
- Melissa Ebbe (36), Milwaukee, WI
- Njoroge (Samuel) Karumba (49), Atlanta, GA
- Katherine (Katie) Kinney (24), Litchfield, IL
- John (Johnny) Leftwich (28), Los Angeles, CA
- Kaleb Lewis (22), Los Angeles, CA
- Melanie (Mel) Licata (26), Jersey City, NJ
- Robert Lindsay (45), Glendale, CA
- Gregory (Greg) Schrantz (21), Allentown, PA
- Robert (Rob) Seal (20), Lake View, Terrance, CA
- Walter Welsh (26), Martinez, CA
The winning makeup artist receives $100,000, a 2016 Fiat 500, and a VIP trip courtesy of Kryolan Professional Makeup to one of their 85 international locations. Not to mention a boost to their career.
Season 10 of “Face Off” premieres January 13 at 9 p.m. ET on Syfy.