With the loss of another great musician this past week, we really need to start paying attention to the local musicians to help them grow and keep them playing for many years to come by getting out there and supporting them.
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9 pm EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6 pm PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
The Ed Tyll show – Loyal listeners have enjoyed Ed Tyll on WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLUP Chicago, WTKS Orlando, WBT Charlotte, WKRK Detroit, WWDB Philadelphia, KYNG Dallas, WORC Boston, WINZ Miami, KSDO San Diego, KQBZ Seattle, KTRS St.Louis, KOTK Portland, KNST Las Vegas, WGST Atlanta, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, TV 56 Merrillville, News Max, China Central News, Starcom Radio Network and other great Radio TV and Live Stream outlets.
Tuesday January 26, 2016
- PPRN Presents The Randall Kane Quartet, Colin Cook & Anders Johnson – 7 pm – Peter Pinho presents the cool jazz magic of The Randall Kane Quartet, along with the insightful comedy of Colin Cook and new music from singer Anders Johnson. Plus, in-house funnyman Peter Angelo and former laryngitis patient Phil Hall are on the panel. It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com.
Wednesday January 27. 2016
- PPRN Wednesday Night – 7 pm – eter Pinho offers a concatenation of carnal carnage, with exchanges of gunfire and bodily fluids amid a swirl of overheated passion and raging emotions. There’s also music from Storytime Bob Edwards, Robert C. Fullerton and Steve Perez, plus a visit from indie film actor Leo Petry. Award-winning DJ Maxx, award-winning Phil Hall and future award winner Joe Reddington are also in the house. It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – tonight on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Friday January 29, 2016
- Big Moon, Tanuki Suit, Samsara and Mystic Seahorse at Cherry Street Station 8 pm
491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492- Big Moon is starting off the new year at Wallingford’s Cherry Street Station and are happy to be joined by good friends Tanuki Suit, Samsara and Mystic Seahorse! Come support the CT Rock scene!
$5 cover All shows at Cherry Street Station are Strictly 21+
- The Future Heavies at Bleachers Sports Bar & Restaurant – 8:30 pm – 300 Middle St, Bristol, Connecticut 06010 – “The Future Heavies” will be playing at Bleachers Sports Bar & Restaurant for the first time, their first show with their new keyboard player David Lovelace. featuring three one hour sets of the best in new wave, pop, R&B, dance, and rock from the 1980s. Come dressed in your favorite ’80s outfit! $5 cover.
Located on the same road as ESPN, Bleachers has 22 beers on tap, the best burgers in town, wings, salads, sandwiches, and more.
“The Future Heavies” cover tunes by Asia, Bananarama, The Bangles, the Beastie Boys, Blondie, The Cars, Cyndi Lauper, Duran Duran, Hall & Oates, Huey Lewis and The News, Journey, Kenny Loggins, Madonna, Men at Work, Michael Jackson, Pat Benatar, Paul Simon, Phil Collins, The Police, Prince, Queen, REM, Robert Palmer, Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, Tom Petty, Toto, U2, Van Halen, Wham!, and many more.
“The Future Heavies”
Andy Chatfield – drums
Mark Crino – bass
Alice-Anne Harwood Sherrill – lead vocals
Matthew James – lead vocals
David Lovelace – keyboards
Shawn Persinger – guitar, vocals
The Chain Gang at The Hyde Park Brewing Co. – 9 pm 4076 Albany Post Rd, Hyde Park, New York 12538 The Chain Gang will perform a mix of classic rock and pop (60’s through 80s) at this very popular brewery. Food is incredible (great burgers!). This micro-brewery has an outstanding selection of in-house brewed beers. Check out their web site. There is no cover charge.
The Mix Return to the Draft House!! 10 pm 350 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, Connecticut 06484 – New Sets, new music for the New Year!
Saturday January 30, 2016
Charles F Rosenay!!! DJ Dance Party: 50 Years of Great Boppin’ Music! – 7 pm – Aldario’s Restaurant 240 Naugatuck Ave, Milford, Connecticut 06460 – $20.00 includes buffet dinner and cash bar.
Trixter, Eric Martin from Mr. Big,Starstruck, Shadows Edge! – 7 pm – The Chance Theater 6 Crannell St, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601 – Tickets $17.50
Posidemic ‘Ntertainment Presents: “The End Of The Beginning” – 8 pm – Bleachers Bar 300 Middle St, Bristol, Connecticut 06010 – This will be their first show at Bleachers, so let’s make this a good one. Come celebrate the end of the beginning of 2016. $5, 21+
All week long there are live local bands at the following venues, check out the pages and see if your favorite is playing.
- The Space is an all ages, community, music & arts venue in Southern Connecticut. A home away from home for nationally touring bands from all over the country as well as a local & regional band stomping ground. The Space has been open since April of 2003 and hosts everything from acoustic open mics to noise shows, Hosts national tours, local art shows & has given hundreds of young local bands their first show. The space itself is alcohol-free and is a listening atmosphere. There is a Thrift store, State of the art Recording studio and “80s arcade” on the second floor. The Space is run by musicians and by people who care a lot about the music scene here in CT. The Space is located at 295 Treadwell St in Hamden. Also visit our other venue The Outer Space (located in a separate building the same parking lot) The Outer Space is a 21+ music venue & craft beer bar. there are shows 7 nights a week at The Outer Space
- Shamrock Pub and Grill – Whether you’re looking for a cold beer, a great meal
or the hottest bands, The Shamrock is the place to be! The Shamrock is located at 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702
- Cafe Nine located at 250 State St in New Haven – features live music from national, regional and local acts seven nights a week. Catch some of your favorites getting back to their roots in our intimate setting or see tomorrows stars on their way to the stadiums.