Who doesn’t love a great burger with home cut fries or amazing pizza with cheesy bread? Who doesn’t love Chinese food or a great steak and baked potato with all the toppings along with an awesome dessert after dinner or at the end of the night? These are indulgences that we love in our society today with restaurants all around us in most towns, especially metropolitan cities, where we can have the best, unhealthy indulgences known to man.
Many people think they must give up their favorite indulgences once they start on their path to a heathier lifestyle with all the exercise and nutritional programming that they have invested in, but that is not the case whatsoever. As many people like to use the term “in moderation”, and it is all about staying on target with your health and fitness goals. As you see your target goals being reached, you have every right to treat yourself to that favorite indulgence.
Some key points to keeping yourself on target is by keeping track of your health and fitness progression by many simple in home tips or technological advances that we have right at our finger tips, such as:
• Always write down your goals, short term and long term, in a journal for the week and month. Make sure they are realistic for each time frame for the months ahead.
• Download Apps that will help give you the educational tools to improve your exercise and nutritional programming, such as: My Daily Plate or My Fitness Pal.
• Record your success for exercise workouts and nutritional habits.
• Always look back at your previous exercise and nutritional programming to evaluate what you did well on and what needs improvement.
• Take part in exercise programming that is right for you so you will succeed, and do not get caught up in all the high intense fitness classes, which can be too advanced and difficult for most novice levels.
• Find a well-educated health and fitness professional with MORE than just a nationally recognized certification, such as a college degree in the field of Kinesiology or Exercise Sciences, as they will give you the top of the line educational information out there.
• Make sure you never give up and always move forward in your health and fitness goals, and find what you need to keep reaching your health goals.
Eating healthy along with exercise is amazing, and you will feel even better than before as there are hundreds, if not thousands, of healthy recipes that one can create in the home that are simple and take no time at all, which will allow for easy workouts and time for yourself. Once you see your goals being reached to a high degree, you can finally sit there and say to yourself “Hey self, it’s time for a treat day,” and now you can go and enjoy one of your favorite indulgences.