Wondering how many of you have already blown your New Years Resolution of eating healthy, going to the gym, starting a new you. There is one resolution that would be very easy to keep through out the year, get out once a month to see a local musician perform live.
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
The Ed Tyll show – Loyal listeners have enjoyed Ed Tyll on WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLUP Chicago, WTKS Orlando, WBT Charlotte, WKRK Detroit, WWDB Philadelphia, KYNG Dallas, WORC Boston, WINZ Miami, KSDO San Diego, KQBZ Seattle, KTRS St.Louis, KOTK Portland, KNST Las Vegas, WGST Atlanta, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, TV 56 Merrillville, News Max, China Central News, Starcom Radio Network and other great Radio TV and Live Stream outlets.
This week, PPRN Radio presents very rare broadcasts of the program’s earliest episodes. Launched in 2012 and originally called “The Peter Pinho Show with Danny and Bri,” the program was very different from its current version – but it was also very funny and engaging. And if you only recently began to listen to PPRN, you will enjoy this special look back at where the fun began! Tuesday January 5, 2016 and Wednesday January 6, 2016 at 7 pm in the beginning part 1 and part 2.
Wednesday January 6, 2016
- Anti-Radio WATI-DM Streaming Launch Spectacular – 8 pm – Join hosts Jeff Testanero and Jenn Scanlon on
anti-radio.com on January 6th at 8pm as we officially launch the new online streaming station.
Thursday January 7, 2016
- HYNGD Live at Mulcahys Long Island NY – 7 pm – Mulcahy’s Pub & Concert Hall 3232 Railroad Ave, Wantagh, New York 11793 – HYNGD Americas Hard Rock Band who has been touring the east coast, playing with bands such as Fuel, Slayer, Godsmack, Sevendust, DrowningPool, Nonpoint, Hellyeah, KingDimond, and many more. HYNGD will be hitting Long Island this weekend. the last time HYNGD was in Long Island was for Mayhem Festival 2015. HYNGD Nation kicks off 2016 with a party, come get HYNGD.
Friday January 8, 2016
- Abby and the Roadsters at Cobbs Mill Inn – 7:30 pm Cobbs Mill Inn 12 Old Mill Rd, Weston, Connecticut 06883 – Abby and the Roadsters is a Rock and Roll band comprised of 6 Kids ranging in age from 10 – 12! They recently won the title of BandJam Champion.
- Saints and Sinners(Whitesnake) and Judas Rising(Judas Priest) At JR’s Rockhouse in Mardi Gras! – 8 pm – Mardi Gras MultiClub 1500 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston, Rhode Island 02920 – Doors at 7, Music starts at 9, $8 Cover, 21+
- Iron Cobra Rocks in the New Year! – 8 pm – OCC Cafe 14 Crossroads Ct, Newburgh, New York 12550 – Iron Cobra’s first gig of 2016!!!
- Moon Hooch w/s/g Buff’s Truck – 8 pm – The Acoustic 2926 Fairfield Ave, Ste 3, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06605 – Maybe you saw them at Gathering of the Vibes or Catskill Chill this summer? Or maybe you missed their set and heard about it? Either way, we’re thrilled to have these maniacs right here in Black Rock, up close and personal for a night of musical mischief and mayhem.
Moon Hooch captured the imaginations of thousands with its infamous stints busking on subway platforms and elsewhere in New York City: two sax players and a drummer whipping up furious, impromptu raves. This happened with such regularity at the Bedford Ave station in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, that the band was banned from playing there by the NYPD. The trio’s subsequent tours with They Might Be Giants, Lotus, and Galactic as well as on their own have only broadened the band’s appeal. Wherever Moon Hooch plays, a dance party soon follows.
Bullets N Whiskey Live at Z’s Corner Cafe 407 Campbell Ave, West Haven, Connecticut 06516 – 9:30 pm – The Best of Classic and Alternative Rock!
Pure Led Chewing a piece of that Custard pie – 10 pm – KJ Farrells 242 Pettit Ave, Bellmore, New York 11710 – Tribute to the music of the greatest band in the cosmos Led Effin Zeppelin.
Saturday January 9, 2016
Siksay Music Presents Howling for Hounds and Praising Pussy Cats – 6 pm – Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – All proceeds go directly to CT Humane Society in memory of Dave Pescetelli mother, Joan Pescetelli. She recently passed after a long battle with liver disease. She was always an animal lover and a proud sponsor of the CT Humane Society. Help out animals in need and have a good time, hope to see all of you there! ALL AGES!!
Adam’s Stupid Birthday Show – 8 pm – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – I Swear To God I’m A Madman, Rat Smasher, Disease Party, She Walks Without Legs, Inspired To Expire. Five bands, five dollars, nearly twenty sweaty dudes to entertain you.
Jeff Slate & Friends: Weekend Wilburys 2016 Kick-Off – 9 pm – Hill Country Barbecue Market 30 W 26th St, NYC | Brooklyn | D.C. – Jeff Slate & Friends bring their rocking, Wilburys-inspired show to Hill Country Live! on Saturday, January 9th to kick off the band’s 2016 shows, with two sets of music beginning at 9 PM. Make your FREE “club level” reservations at 212-255-4544 early as Jeff’s recent Hill Country shows have been SRO! Jeff Slate and his all-star band – featuring musicians who have played with some of the greatest roots rockers of all time –return return to Hill Country Live! with an evening of stellar music, including hits and deep cuts from Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison, alongside original music from Jeff’s career inspired by these Americana legends.
Thrown Together Rocks Fishkill’s Grand Centro! – 9 pm – Grand Centro Grill 738 Route 9 (Shop Rite Plaza), Fishkill, New York 12524 – Amazing food, comfortable Art-Deco ambiance and Thrown Together in one place! What more could you ask for!
Maxx Explosion’s return to Gibson’s Bar and Grill 161 Bridge St, East Windsor, Connecticut 06088 – 9 pm – Maxx Explosion starting 2016 off with a return visit to Gibson’s Bar & Grill in South Windsor CT. NO COVER CHARGE
Richie Scarlet – 9 pm – PJ’s Restaurant 85 Route 6, Baldwin Place, New York 10505 – Come see the Richie Scarlet solo show, before he goes back on tour with Ace Frehley. Also appearing as Richie’s guest will be the most deadliest guitar duo under 16 on planet earth. JJ Joey Pettinato and Tommy O’Donnell. This show is not to be missed. It will be a night of pure magical and untamed RnR. The BLURBS with Jonathan Walsh will be opening up for Richie at 9:30 pm.