Whether it is a family vacation to take in the historic sites of St. Augustine or a couple’s golf vacation getaway, The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort is sure to deliver first-class accommodations and activities for those on your trip.
Located in Northeast Florida’s lush 6,300-acre World Golf Village, only moments from St. Augustine’s historic center and convenient from I-95, the resort boasts 301 “Colonial Asian” designed guest rooms. The complex includes much more than a 9-story hotel with a striking atrium, but the following as well:
- The World Golf Hall of Fame and Museum (the ultimate destination for the celebration of golf’s greatest players with fun interactive exhibits and historic golf artifacts)
- IMAX® 3-D Theater
- Slammer and Squire championship golf course (just steps from The Renaissance Resort)
- King and Bear championship golf course (the only course co-designed by Arnold “The King” Palmer and Jack “The Bear” Nicklaus)
- PGA TOUR Golf Academy
- The Spa at World Golf Village
- The World Golf Hall of Fame’s championship putting course
- 132-yard Island Challenge Hole
- Dining – A wide variety of dining selections including The Caddyshack Restaurant; Villagio Italian Grille at The Renaissance; The Fairways Cafe; Legends Bar and Grille; as well as Starbucks.
Starting first with the area’s biggest attraction, St. Augustine’s historic district, The Renaissance provides a shuttle service to the Old City at no cost to guests. Reservations ARE required. The shuttle departs the Renaissance at 11, 3 and 6. It leaves St. Augustine to return to the Renaissance at 3:30, 6:30 and 9.
With parking at a premium in the historic center, the shuttle is a great way to quickly and conveniently get downtown to view the iconic attractions such as the Bridge of Lions and the US National Park Service’s historic Castillo de San Marcos fort. The Bridge of Lions is a double-leaf bascule bridge that spans the Intracoastal Waterway in St. Augustine, Florida. A pair of Medici lions made of marble guard the bridge.
Additional offerings in downtown St. Augustine, which was founded in 1565, include The Fountain of Youth, Old Town Trolley Tour, The Old Jail, The St. Augustine History Museum, The Spanish Quarter, The Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse, Flagler College, Whetstone’s Chocolate Factory, and Lightner Museum. Shopping on the charming, brick-paved St. George Street, and a variety of water activities, are among the other very appealing options.
The resort is just 45 minutes from Jacksonville International Airport. Daytona Speedway is about one hour; Downtown Jacksonville is 35 minutes, and Orlando is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The hotel has enough to keep you occupied so that you may never want to leave, boasting a state-of-the-art fitness center, outdoor pool, and whirlpool. In addition to the resort’s two beautiful championship golf courses, guests have access to four additional golf courses within 15 minutes of the resort, for a total of 108 holes of golf. The resort also features an on-site Starbuck’s, serving coffees, pastries, breakfast fare, sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps, and desserts, as well as local gifts and souvenirs.
When visiting the resort, guests have the opportunity to take fun eco-tours and chartered fishing trips, and enjoy exceptional shopping at two large nearby outlet malls.
It is classed as a Category 4 Marriott Reward hotel.
For information on The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, or for reservations or information about special packages and offers, call (800) 228-9290 or 904-940-8000, and visit www.Marriott.com/JAXBR
General Room Amenities
· Coffee maker/tea service
· Crib/Play Yard
· Individual climate control
· Iron and ironing board
· Luxurious bedding – down comforters, custom duvets, cotton-rich linens
· Mini fridge
· Pillows: down/feather
· Pillows: foam
· Pull-out sofa bed
· Rollaway bed
· Hair dryer
· Guest rooms Wireless
· High Speed: Check email + browse the Web for 9.95USD/day
· Enhanced High Speed: Video chat, download large files + stream video for 12.95USD/day
· Lobby and public areas: Complimentary Wireless
· Meeting rooms: Wireless, Wired
On site self serve parking is complimentary; valet is $10 per night.
If you want to know more about the local area, feel free to check in with the Renaissance Navigator in the hotel’s lobby – a kind of Concierge – that can help you discover some of the best places to eat, drink, see and do.
Guests also benefit from no resort fees.
Disclosure: The author was provided with complimentary accommodations at the resort for the purpose of writing this review.