April is a perfect month to spring ahead and find your favorite authors at local book signings. Attend, hear them speak, and buy their books! Three major independent bookstores in Houston will offering meet and greet events throughout the month.
Murder by the Book is located at 2342 Bissonnet between Kirby and Greenbriar. The author’s reading and presentation is free, but in order to have anything signed by the author, you must purchase the author’s newest book from Murder by the Book. If you have any questions or cannot attend a signing and wish to order a signed book, you can contact them at 713-524-8597 or by email.
Signings generally occur after the authors present or do a reading, and the line for signing is by assigned numbers. Chairs are set up 30 minutes before an event, but seating can go quickly. Please be sure to not take the employee parking behind the store; parking is available on the street or within the shopping center.
- Friday, April 1 at 6:30 p.m. – Philip Kerr, The Other Side of Silence
- Saturday, April 2 at 4:30 p.m. – Amanda Stevens, The Visitor
- Tuesday, April 5 at 6:30 p.m. – Skip Hollandsworth, The Midnight Assassin
- Saturday, April 9 at 4:30 p.m. – Martha Wells, The Edge of Worlds
- Saturday, April 9 at 4:30 p.m. – J. Kathleen Cheney, Dreaming Death
- Monday, April 11 at 6:30 p.m. – Laurie R. King, The Murder of Mary Ruseell
- Tuesday, April 12 at 6:30 p.m. – Steve Berry, The 14th Colony
- Monday, April 18 at 6:30 p.m. – Stuart Woods, Family Jewels
- Friday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. – Steve Martini, The Enemy Inside
- Sunday, April 24 at 2:00 p.m. – Susan Witting Albert, Blood Orange
- Thursday, April 28 at 6:30 p.m. – Melissa Ginsburg, Sunset City
Blue Willow Bookshop is located at 14532 Memorial Drive. Please note that you must purchase the author’s book from Blue Willow Bookshop in order to get it signed there. You will also be issued a signing line ticket that indicates your place in the book signing line. If you have any questions or cannot attend a signing and wish to order a signed book, you can contact them at 281-497-8675.
- Tuesday, April 5 at 7:00 p.m. – Helen Simonson, The Summer Before the War
- Wednesday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m. – Kathleen Grissom, Glory Over Everything
- Saturday, April 9 at 1:00 p.m. – Meredith Moon, Fiona
- Wednesday, April 13 at 5:00 p.m. – Ridley Pearson, Kingdom Keepers: The Return: Legacy of Secrets
- Saturday, April 16 at 3:00 p.m. – Leila Meacham, Titans
- Tuesday, April 19 at 7:00 p.m. – Chitra Divakaruni, Before We Visit the Goddess
- Thursday, April 21 at 7:00 p.m. – Sean Patrick Flanery, Jane Two
- Thursday, April 28 at 7:00 p.m. – Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven King
River Oaks Bookshop is located at 3270 Westheimer at River Oaks in Houston. If you have any questions or cannot attend a signing and wish to order a signed book, you can contact them at 713-520-0061 or through email.
- Saturday, April 9 at 3:00 p.m. – Jack H. Emmott, Prayerful Passages: Asking God’s Help in Reconciliation, Separation, and Divorce
- Monday, April 11 at 4:00 p.m. – Nikki Pope & Courtney Lance, Pruno, Ramen, and a Side of Hope: Stories of Surviving Wrongful Conviction
- Saturday, April 16 at 3:00 p.m. – Damali Keith, A Great Day to Live