With spring in full bloom it’s time to take flight with the latest and greatest gear all aimed to get you moving and help you reach your personal best from workouts, to weekdays, to weekends. After all, now that the days are longer and sunnier there’s no better time than now to run al fresco, workout and wander, and adventure outside. So spring forward — and turn your passion into purpose with THE season’s stylish and super-performing picks all aimed to help you reach your fitness feats and every-day endeavors to play and perform with ease, passion and power.
From revolutionary sneaks to run stronger and longer, genius gear, top-performing tech, fashionable and functional bottles, and must-have essentials — these picks are sure to give you a boost this season and beyond! So scroll down below and check out the super-performing standouts and groundbreaking gear to get your hands on this season.
The neutral winner
Brooks Glycerin 13 ($150) – boost your stride with this revolutionary neutral ride that’s sure to help you take flight in your running regimen with super-performance and all-day luxury. Brooks’ Glycerin 13 is a stride sensation that’s perfectly plush, comfortable yet responsive, and sweetly smooth but supportive so you can power up your pace this season and beyond.
The Glycerin 13 is equipped with an enhanced “3D Fit Print” featuring a supreme seamless upper that delivers a feel-good fit, giving you the much-needed structure and support your foot needs without restricting it, causing irritations or weighing the shoe down — and resulting in a sleek and luxuriously adaptive style that gives you smooth support that’s enjoyably light yet structured. It also features an updated midsole saddle that wonderfully wraps the entire foot securely while delivering a crazy comfortable and custom fit. Plus, the Glycerin 13’s have a heavenly feel thanks to deluxe details like a roomy toe box that lets feet splay comfortably while securely holding them in all the right places, an extra-padded tongue that feels comfy and rests snugly against your foot, stay-put laces that easily-yet-securely tie-up, extra padding around the ankle-area that offers a premium feel that’s cozy, and a plush interior that’s amazingly cushioned so you feel like you’re walking on clouds. The Glycerin 13 also features a “Super DNA” midsole which offers awesome cushioning and remarkable flexibility — and this multi-dimensional midsole is combined with “Ideal Pressure Zones” in the outsole which help to evenly distribute pressure for a more efficient heel to toe transition along with a segmented crash pad that offers smooth flexibility so you glide over the ground seamlessly, giving you instant satisfaction in every stride and a premium running experience.
Overall, the Glycerin 13’s are incredibly comfortable right out of the box and will surely be your go-to companions that will provide a smooth, adaptive and supportive fit along with premium performance and all-day luxury mile after mile!
Brooks Glycerin 13 retails for $150, and is available in a variety of colorways for both men and women in Normal, Narrow and Wide widths at brooksrunning.com.
The cutting-edge and multi-purpose tracker
Basis Peak ($199.99) – power up your workouts and way of living with this dynamic fitness tracker and heart-rate monitor that innovatively and intuitively tracks your movements, exercise and sleep using Body IQ technology so you can easily keep tabs on steps, calories burned, and monitor your heart rate and sleeping habits, solely by wearing it as your constant companion. Basis’ Peak not only records and displays fitness, sleep, and wellness features but it also gives you day-to-day functionality so you stay socially-connected with call notifications, texts, emails, and calendar events as well as musically in-tune with the new media controller — and all conveniently within reach on your wrist. Plus, the Peak is powered by multi-sensors that deliver a comprehensive approach with accurate readings thanks to its built-in optical heart rate engine, 3-axis accelerometer that automatically detects when you’re in motion, galvanic skin response sensor that tracks changes in your perspiration levels, thermal sensors for your skin and surrounding temperature, and a multi-sensor calculation to count calories burned. And it comes with a magnetic charging cradle to easily charge it up and give the battery power to last up to 4 days!
Check out why the Basis Peak is a cutting-edge tracker and multi-purpose must-have:
- Strong and stylish– the Peak is sleek with a stylish smartwatch-like appearance that’s tech-cool. It features a full 1.25-inch touch screen display that’s smooth, easy-to-read, and made from tough Gorilla Glass 3 paired with a strong, forged aircraft-grade aluminum case and a comfy-fitting silicone strap, making it a durable and easy-to-clean tracker that’s perfect for ‘round the clock wear. And it’s water-resistant up to 5ATM so you can play hard & sweaty, shower with it, and even take a leisure swim wearing it without damaging it
- Easy and efficient– getting started is a snap, simply charge the Peak, activate Bluetooth on your smartphone, download the Peak app and launch it, and follow the quick and easy set-up instructions. Once set-up is complete, put on your Peak and play with its cool features and display. Simply swipe right to access the settings menu, swipe left for real-time heart rate, swipe up below the heart reading for daily step and calorie totals, and swipe left from the heart reading or the daily totals display to access summaries of activity data. The Body IQ function will automatically detect movement and a white screen will appear during movement indicating calories burned, duration and heart rate which gives a great real-time report on the activity underway. The Peak also has a handy stopwatch that can be easily accessed by swiping up from Home screen. And, it also features a backlight that turns on by simply swiping up on the right side of the display which is useful at night (swipe down on the right to turn it off)
- Revolutionary heart rate monitoring– the Peak is unique because it features a built-in, optical heart-rate sensor located on the backside (indicated with flashing green lights when in use) so there’s no need to hassle with a chest strap. The Peak conveniently and continuously monitors and displays your heart rate in real-time (possible 10-second delay) with amazing accuracy simply by wearing it
- Intuitive sleep functionality– the Peak will automatically detect when you fall asleep and record your sleep metrics, ranging from the length and percentage of your sleep stages from REM to Deep Sleep, your movements like how much you toss and turn, and any interruptions so you can review the length and quality of your sleep
- Smart alerts and access– the Peak cleverly delivers real-time smartwatch notifications for texts, emails, and calls by vibrating to alert you when there’s a message or call. It will display the notification on the screen to swipe through and conveniently read hands-free
- Seamless Bluetooth technology– the Peak easily and wirelessly connects to both Apple and Android phones and tablets via Bluetooth to synch notifications and data from the tracker to the app
- Dynamic app– the Peak’s app is easy to navigate, and offers an organized and simple-to-use interface that keeps track of your activity and sleep patterns, and gives you access to settings and your device. The “Dashboard” offers an overview of your habits and most recent activity and sleep, the “Habits” page shows a review of your current habits so you can set goals for new ones, the “Activity Feed” displays a more detailed look at all activity metrics, and “Charting” shows a detailed view of the last 4 hours of activity. Plus, the app has just been updated to give the Peak more features and versatility, including personalization of your fitness feats where you now have the option to manually enter the duration and type of workout so you can see the calories burned and other key stats for those activities. And it’s also been enhanced with a new media controller so you can control songs on your phone with the Peak
The Basis Peak retails for $199.99 and includes a silicone strap and magnetic charger. It is available in Brushed Metal/White, and Matte Black/Black at mybasis.com.
The wear-everywhere wonder bag
Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack ($200) – equip yourself with this performance-packed and smartly-stylish bag that will smoothly take you from workouts to wandering. Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack is a luxe, sleek, and limited edition pack that lets you move with ease for the ultimate wear-everywhere bag. Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack features a Ballistic Cordura fabric upper that’s durable for all-day wear combined with a handsome yet heavy-duty American bison leather base, delivering the ultimate fabric fusion that’s sturdy, easy-to-clean, and long-lasting. Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack features a top zippered compartment that flaps over and fastens closed to stow small essentials for easy access. Plus, this handy top-flap section cleverly conceals its drawstring interior space that expands to pack larger goods away like your clothing and gym gear, and easily cinches closed. The interior also has a zippered compartment to neatly secure essentials as well as a handy padded sleeve to safely store a tablet or laptop. This Rover Pack also has multiple exterior compartments to let you organize your gear for easy storage and quick access, including a generously-sized front zippered compartment, and two side open pockets to conveniently pack a water bottle or snacks.
Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack has a streamlined silhouette with padded shoulder straps for a comfortable and easy fit against your back — it has two pairs of compression straps on the sides so you can adjust the fit according to your sizing needs and neatly keep your gear in place to prevent it from rolling around. Overall, Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack is designed with your active and versatile lifestyle in mind — delivering a got-to-get play-hard pack that can handle-it-all with structure and ease.
Topo Designs X UNCRATE Rover Pack retails for $200, and is available in Black at topodesigns.com.
The stability standout
Brooks Transcend 3 ($170) – stride sure-footedly this season and beyond with this premium, plush, and supportive sneak that will help you go the distance effortlessly. Brooks’ Transcend 3 is a must-get stability ride for moderate to severe over-pronators that has built-in motion control without being overly bulky — and it feels crazy comfortable and looks super-stylish.
Brooks’ Transcend 3 features a soft Super DNA midsole cushioning combined with ideal pressure zones at the outsole to distribute pressure evenly throughout the foot for a feel-good float experience that will let you run mile after mile with comfort, flexibility, and ease. The Transcend 3 offers advanced stability support through its innovative Guide Rails that border the entire outside of the shoe so you can move naturally and fluidly while still receiving heel-to-toe guidance every step of the way — and they’re enhanced with a rounded heel to further support you with a better body alignment, while helping to reduce joint stress. What’s more, the Transcend 3’s have been updated with a new laser-cut mesh upper that offers an improved fit that feels incredibly adaptable and secure around the foot and is highly breathable so your feet stay comfy, cool, and dry with every dash. The Transcend 3’s also feature a roomy toe box, a sockliner that cradles the foot for a custom fit, and a snugger backing that holds in your heel better.
Overall, the Transcend 3 is a premium stability standout that offers guidance that feels natural, along with a skillful adaptability that’s perfectly tuned with your body so run with cushioned comfort and smooth support.
The Transcend 3 retails for $170, and is available in several colorways for both men and women at brooksrunning.com.
The bold and beautiful hydration must-have
bkr Glass Water Bottle, $28 for 250 ml, $35 for 500 ml, and $45 for 1 L. Available at mybkr.com.
bkr is the celebrity-loved and covet-worthy brand that fuses fashion with function to create a stunning lineup of glass water bottles styled with colorful silicone sleeves to take to work, workouts, and along for the weekend so you always get a healthy dose of hydration no matter where you go. bkr’s clean, clear, and beautiful bottles help rid the world of cheap and harmful plastic water bottles — and they are all BPA-free, phthalate-free, oh-so-pretty, stylishly-strong, and perfect, practical essentials. Plus, bkr bottles are smartly and stylishly designed with attention to detail, from its just-right mouth size for sipping, its smooth and grippy silicone sleeves, it convenient no-leak cap, and it’s easy to carry finger loop.
Check out three (of the many) bkr hydration must-haves to get your hands on this season:
- bkr Ben 1 Liter ($45) – grab a hold of this handsome and heavy-duty glass bottle featuring an opaque and grippy grey-hued silicone sleeve that’s inspired by London luxury, and a must-have for the modern man and guy-on-the-go. bkr’s “big” Ben 1 Liter is an oh-so-cool light grey bottle that goes-with-everything and holds almost a whopping 34 ounces to quench your thirst during heavy workout sessions or enjoy while hiking or adventuring
- Baby 1 Liter ($45) – get your pretty little hands on this gorgeous and graceful glass bottle that’s fashioned with a soft and sheer fuchsia silicone-sleeve that’s perfect for the wonder woman and fashionable femme. bkr’s Baby 1 Liter bottle is a pretty in pink essential that’s eye-catching — and holds almost 34 ounces so you can enjoy a heavy dose of hydration throughout the day or indulge while on long journeys
- Skye 500 ML ($35) – wrap your hands around this breathtakingly beautiful bottle that’s lined with a soft and grippy aqua-sky blue silicone sleeve — and get ready to take flight from its inspiration that includes magic and whimsy, and all things comforting and charming. bkr’s Skye 500 ml bottle holds 16.9 ounces of hydration, making it the perfect light-hearted companion that’s easy-to-hold and take everywhere!
Author received product samples solely for the purpose of review, with no monetary compensation to offer a favorable mention. All information provided is for educational purposes only. Author accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may occur from the use of any information or products featured in articles. Opinions expressed are those of the author.