One of the many wonderful things about the spring is its bountiful and delicious produce. Seasonal favorites like squash and asparagus are not only tasty but also nutritious (being in high in vitamins A, B6,C, E, and K as well as chromium, magnesium, fiber, folate, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium. ) Baker By Nature has create a magnificent recipe for Spring Chicken Soup that incorporates spring flavor and is chock full of vitamins and nutrients.The recipe for this soup is as follows:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 48 ounces (6 cups) chicken broth
- (1) 15.5 ounce cannellini beans
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with foil, then place chicken breasts on the sheet. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the spices, adding salt and pepper as well, then drizzle with olive oil, making sure both breasts are evenly coated.
- Place chicken in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and cooked through. Once cooked, let chicken cool until it can be easily handled without burning your hands, then shred chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a deep pot add olive oil, then add the onion. Stir to coat the onions, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions have softened.
- Add the garlic and a big pinch of salt; cook for another minute before adding the squash, tomatoes, asparagus, and carrots.
- Stir to combine vegetables, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in beans.
- Stir in chicken.
- Season soup with salt and pepper as needed. When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowl.
This is one of the healthiest and most delectable soup recipes around. The combination of flavors is superb. The textures are ideal and the simplicity of this dish only adds to its magnificence. Despite being a healthy dish, this soup is packed with flavor and is certainly a crowd pleaser. With inexpensive ingredients, this dish is sure to become a staple in your recipe repertoire. Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this dish at the following locations: Whole Foods Market 1330 Smith Avenue Baltimore, MD 21209 or Giant Foods 1020 41st Street Baltimore, MD 21211.