It’s party time! Time to upgrade your holiday party wardrobe as you seek to make a grand entrance. From the office holiday party to the black tie New Year’s gala, one up your holiday look with decadent styles- filled with a seasonal array of glitter, metallics and studs.
Dressing up for the holidays is as easy as building your wardrobe with a few key on trend blockbusters such as sequin dresses and smashing satin numbers. From high-end to budget friendly check out these top holiday party looks, plus tips on how to generate the look without looking like a Christmas ornament!
Grab the glitter. Shine, shine shine! Now is your time to shine, like literally. Glitter–sequin dresses by proxy–are the winning glam statement this time of year. Have you ever seen so many sequin dresses any other time of year? Certainly not, we love holiday party looks that are hell bent on clamming on the glitter as much as possible and aren’t shy about it.
Bows are your best friend. Bows are girly, a tad a bit elementary in the world of fashion (think kindergarten graduations) but for the holidays they’re your new stylish best friend. Bows and ribbons symbolize celebration, you have to unwrap a bow to uncover a gift, and bows are also a holiday adornment this season seen on everything from stilettos to miniauderies. For your next holiday party give yourself permission to embrace the bow.
Bring on the velvet. Do we really need another reason to wear velvet? We are infinitely aware that velvet is one of the biggest trends for the fall/winter ’15. And we feel compelled to stretch our velveteen limits by rocking a head to toe velvet ensemble, even if it resembles a 90’s living room couch (let’s be blunt, who wears head to toe velvet?). For the holidays, velvet isn’t a bad thing. For a more formal affair take on a dress to impress velvet suit. For a glam effect a strapless velvet dress will do. Make sure to add a brooch to the suit for a dash of holiday spark and go for a luxe look by adding a fur snood to a strapless dress.
1. Oscar de la Renta Swarvoski Crystal Pave Disc Earrings $173 oscardelarenta.com
2. Emilio de la Morena Dress $868 matchesfashion.com
3. Zimmerman Rhythm Sateen Pants $795 zimmermanwear.com
4. Navy Fur Faux Snood $50 oliverbonas.com
5. Red V Booties $510 redvalentino.com
6. Santi Beaded Embroidered Box Clutch $175 shopbop.com
7. W118 By Walter Baker Sequined Tulle Mini Dress $144 theoutnet.com
8. Deepa Gurnani Empress’s Fortune Cuff $139 deepagurnani.com
9. True Decadence Embellished Dress $105 www.houseoffraser.co.uk
10. DSquared2 Little Dress Sandals $735 dsquared2.com