Many health experts recommend various types of foods and drinks. These foods include fresh organic fruits, vegetables, and sources of protein like fish, well-prepared birds, cows, or sheep meats. Many healthy foods have several benefits to human health. Most fruits and vegetables include essential elements such as carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and some of them also contain protein and unsaturated fat. Nowadays, there are many scientific types of research about healthy foods that were inspired by the Creator in the Holy Quran. Muslims believe that foods were mentioned in the Quran are beneficial for both their physical and mental health. There are also many foods that are promised to the believers in the Creator and the Day of Judgment, who will be granted the Paradise, such as Muslims, Christians, and Jews who did not associate with Him anything in worshiping and who follow His Commandments. Even the sinner who repent before his or her death by enough time, he or she will also have a place in the Gardens of Eden, where the people will enjoy and eat fruits, some of them similar to the fruits on the earth, such as grapes. In the translated verse of the Quran (chapter 55: 62-68), “So which of the favor of your Lord would you deny? In both of them are two spring, spouting. So which of the favor of your Lord would you deny? In both of them are fruit and palm trees and pomegranates.”
The following foods and drinks are recommended in the Quran:
1. In chapter 95, the Creator swore by the fig and the olive. Some Islamic scholars interpreted that the fig and the olive had significant beneficial values to the human. Meanwhile, many scientists are working hard to discover the benefits of both figs and olives
2. The Creator recommended honey for its healing potential. In the Quran (chapter 16: 68-69), the Creator commanded the honeybees to consume the emission of flowers to secrete different colors of honey syrup that have healing effects to people. Although it is known that honey should not be given to infants, many researchers have proved numerous uses of honey in the healing of some diseases.
3. Dates from palm trees are mentioned by the Creator, who sent the Angel Gabriel to tell the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus, in the translated verse of the Quran (chapter 19: 16-40), “And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates. So eat and drink and be contented. And if you see from among humanity anyone, say, Indeed, I have vowed to the Most Merciful abstention, so I will not speak today to [any] man.”
4. The importance of water mentioned by the Creator in how every living thing was made from water. In the translated verse of the Quran (chapter 21:30), “Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?”
5. Meat and milk contain essential proteins for human growth and development. In Islam, birds and animals, such as cows, sheep and camels should be slaughtered in a very merciful and humane manner in the name of the Creator to filtrate the blood out of the body before cooking it. In the Quran (chapters 23:21 and 22:36) the meat of sheep, cow and camel were motioned.
6. In chapter 2:233, human breast milk was recommended by the Creator for infants from birth up to two years of age.
Certain foods and drinks are forbidden in the Quran:
1. Dead meats, such as animals killed by suffocation or electrocution, blood, and pig-meat are forbidden, in the translated verse of the Quran (chapter 2:173), “He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of the swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.”
2. Although the few benefits of alcohol are recognized in the Quran (chapter 5:90), it is still forbidden because its physical and mental harms outweigh its benefits.
Then, there are foods and drinks recommended by the Creator; nowadays the health experts advise people to use them. Additionally, certain foods and beverages are forbidden by the Creator, and the scientific researchers discovered their harms to the human health.