Event Santa Cruz is partnering with Food Trucks A Go Go to present The Food Truck RoundUp, which aims to highlight the area’s local food scene and will offer a short panel dialogue featuring a few of Santa Cruz’s event producers. The event will be held on Friday, April 29 at 5 p.m. at The Delaware Addition (2120 Delaware Ave).
Admission is free for kids and $3 for adults. Food from some of the area’s popular local vendors and craft beer from Humble Sea Brewery will be available for purchase. The food vendors are offering “small plate” menus so that guests can sample lots of different items; see below for highlights.
Event Santa Cruz’s Matthew Swinnerton will moderate a short panel discussion at 6:45 p.m. Panelists include David Dennis (Ventana Surfboards & Supplies), Doug Erickson (Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup), Sally Kane (Santa Cruz Food Lounge), Monica Karst (Santa Cruz Socialites) and LaLi Kates (Food Trucks A Go Go).
Food vendors & menu highlights
ate3one, Santa Cruz & Monterey County – A truck with delicious “modern street food” by a husband and wife team. Friday’s food will include:
- Mini Poke “Nachos”
- Mini Naughty Fries (I’m not sure if they’re the same every time, but last fall I had this at a Food Trucks A Go Go event and it included bacon, garlic confit, Parmesan and cheddar cheese, sour cream, house aioli and scallions)
- “CBC-P” Corralitos Brewing Co. draft beer-braised Pork Sando
- Bavarian Cream Stuffed Churro
Aunt Lali’s Mobile Cafe, Scotts Valley – A fabulous ice cream truck. Friday’s food will include:
- organic espresso drinks
- scooped ice cream
- your fave ice cream truck treats
- ‘Nawlins-style organic iced coffee
- made-to-order ice cream sandwiches
Tacos Las Varas Nayarit, Watsonville – It’s been described as a “gigantic taco truck” and I haven’t had the opportunity to try their food yet. Friday’s food will include:
- plates with rice, beans, salad
- meat choices: asada, pastor, carnitas, pollo, chile verde & birria
Kickin Chicken, Santa Cruz – This local business first got famous for their scrumptious fried chicken and waffles. Friday’s food will include:
- Fried chicken sandwiches
- Strawberry snap pea salad
Event Santa Cruz produces monthly events that showcase thriving local businesses and the people behind them.
Follow me on Twitter @santacruzfoodie.