The theme of the 128th Tournament of Roses Parade is “Echoes of Success,” which could be a reminder that to be successful in getting there, parade-goers should mark their calendars for Monday, Jan. 2, 2017. Everyone knows that “America’s New Year Celebration” is held on Jan. 1, right? Usually, but not when the date falls on a Sunday, as this article points out. Nothing to worry about, though, Sharp Seating Company has the same great seats for sale as every year.
The official grandstand seating provider for the Rose Parade, Sharp opened ticket sales on Feb. 1 for the 2017 Rose Parade, parking, and other Tournament of Roses events. Tickets may be purchased in person, over the phone, or online for the parade and parking. Sharp Seating, (626) 795-4171, is located at 737 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena. Enter from the rear parking lot off Meridith Ave. Grandstand seats and parking are also available beginning in the fall at Pasadena Presbyterian Church, on the northwest corner of Colorado Blvd. and Madison Ave., (626) 793-2191, ext. 353.
Prices at Sharp Seating range from $48 to $95, depending on the location on the route. Seats on the north and west, or “off-camera,” sides of the route are generally less expensive. Sharp now divides the Rose Parade route into five sections:
- Area One (between the start on S. Orange Grove and Colorado Blvd. at Fair Oaks), $85-$95. This is the prime location where media are stationed and within walking distance of the Rose Bowl. Please note that the $85 seats are along the formation area on Orange Grove. Some of the groups may not be performing in that section, but people seated in the grandstands will see all the entries.
- Area Two (on Colorado Blvd. between Fair Oaks and Lake Avenues), $68. Guests may also preorder a pancake breakfast for $8 from First United Methodist Church on the Sharp website.
- Area Three (on Colorado Blvd. between Lake and Hill Avenues), $58-$68
- Area Four (on Colorado Blvd. between Hill and Allen Avenues), $50-$680
- Area Five (on Colorado Blvd. between Allen Ave. and Sierra Madre Blvd.), $50-$68
Portable restrooms for Sharp patrons are located behind the grandstands. Pasadena Presbyterian offers indoor restrooms and a continental breakfast is included in the price. Rose Parade programs can be ordered in advance from Sharp Seating, the Pasadena Museum of History gift shop and the Tournament of Roses, or picked up onsite from Pasadena Presbyterian Church and various supermarkets and drugstores in the Pasadena and Altadena area a few weeks before the parade.
Both Sharp Seating and Pasadena Presbyterian Church sell reserved parking, as well as Easy Parking Service (626) 286-7576 and the City of Pasadena (626) 744-6470. Easy Parking Service provides free shuttles to the Rose Bowl from the parking lot. Overnight RV parking is also available. Closer to parade time, some merchants list parking on Craigslist. For information on the many events in conjunction with the Rose Parade, read “Rose Parade 2017 events, Bandfest, Equestfest, pre- and post-parade on sale” in this column.
The theme of the 128th Rose Parade and 103nd Rose Bowl Game on Jan. 2, 2017 is “Echoes of Success.” If you have a question or would like a reply to your comment, please post on Facebook at All Things Rose Parade or email email@example.com.