When money is no object but style, class and fine dining are to an A-list celebrity clientele, there’s no place like the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel for the holidays. Already decked out with trees, lights and festive trimmings, the European-style property exudes that old world elegance and warmth. The snow won’t be falling or the wind blowing (global climate change aside) but you can weather your holiday enjoyment in the warmth and coziness of a luxuriously upscale environment.
For the season Montage makes merry with a lineup of events such as:
- A Christmas Day Buffet at Scarpetta from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for $108 per person, $38 a child 5 to12 years that’s a veritable feast for the senses starting with a seafood medley of Citrus Cured Salmon, West Coast Oysters, Wahoo, Snow Crab Legs and Shrimp. Then moving on to Prime Rib and Leg of Lamb, with all the trimmings such as signature classics Ricotta Agnolotti, Tomato & Basil Spaghetti, Rigatoni Al Forno and Baked Ricotta Cavatelli. Of course there are also lots of decadent desserts.
- The Rooftop Grill Christmas Day Brunch: starting at 7 a.m. you can sit up on the roof surrounded by a view of the Hollywood Hills and enjoy an á la carte menu featuring Cast Iron Quiche, Pan Seared Arctic Char, Warm Brioche Toast or Filet Mignon Steak & Eggs, along with Whipped Gorgonzola & Pear Crostini or Winter Flatbread. Be sure to leave room for a medley of seasonal desserts including Pear & Cranberry Cobbler, Chocolate Peppermint Crème Brûlée and the ever-popular S’more.
- New Year’s Eve Midnight in Paris Gala: Marquessa Ballroom: pull out your glitz and glitter and join the swells who celebrate ring in the new at the Montage. Fun begins at 7:30 p.m. and goes until 1 o’clock in the morning of 2016. The tab is $345 per person and includes a Parisian style celebration with an open bar and canapés served before a five-course dinner with French wine pairings. Executive chef Patrice Martineau is bound to delight the palate with his culinary wizardry. We would like our guests to see the Moulin Rouge, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triumph,” he says. “Bid au revoir to 2015 with a midnight Champagne toast, then dance the night away.”
- Parq Bar: comes to life at 9 p.m. on New Year’s Eve with a joyful celebration that includes live music, dancing and la carte services, culminating with a Champagne toast at midnight.
- New Year’s Day Recovery Brunch; Rooftop Grill—now they’re talking, everybody needs to heel on Jan. 1 and from 7 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon you can work off the hangover with some fine food while breathing the fresh air from the rooftop. Choices include Salmon Tacos, Farmers’ Market Mushroom Flatbread and Mini Crab Cake Sliders topped off with Sticky Banana Toffee Pudding or a truly decadent Triple Chocolate Brownie Sundae. If you need a little hair of the dog order the interactive bottomless Bloody Mary Bar or bottomless Mimosas for $25 a person extra.
For reservations to any of these events call 310-8600-7886. You might want to consider spending a night or two at the hotel to keep the celebration going. Every accommodation is attractively-appointed, comfortable and filled with posh amenities. Plus you can order room service breakfast in bed with a bottle of Champagne on New Year’s Day and really welcome the new year in style.
The Montage Beverly Hills is located at 225 N. Canon. There is valet parking plus a drive yourself to park adjacent garage (where valets are also on duty).