Perfect the art of fashion clash and up the wearability of your wardrobe. For a long time, we’ve been told not to mix florals and stripes. Now, they’re coming together in picture-perfect detail, bringing out the best in both. The stylists at thredUP, a favorite online consignment site, show us how to pair them for the most stylish, affordable looks of the season. During the day, keep it low key for work with a striped mariner top and a conservative graphic print pencil skirt. Pair a chic floral shift dress with a striped jacket for the ultimate power pair or show your style with unexpected pieces, pairing a floral print blouse, striped maxi skirt and cropped denim jacket. Forget everything you ever learned about not mixing patterns and check out the florals and striped on thredUP. Share thredUP on Facebook or by email. The friend you share with will get $10 to spend and you’ll get $10 when they spend it.
Show your style at the office in a black and white stripe scoop neck tee and a White House Black Market black and white floral pencil skirt. Covered with full-bloom black roses on a white background, the skirt sits just below the natural waist for an easy to wear look that’s flattering to all figure types. Let the tee fall to hip length, gently accentuating your curves and softly defining your waist for a slim silhouette. Elevate your look with high black ankle-strap sandals and wear a single long silver tassel necklace for just a hint of Boho chic. This perfectly matched pair is sure to attract admiring glances and become a spring and summer favorite.
For date night, pair an Hd in Paris dark blue floral sleeveless silk top with a Banana Republic rose floral silk skirt. The top is done in a wrap style with light blue detailing and a wide attached bow tie at the waist. A flattering V-neckline frames your face while the nipped waist gives a peplum effect to the top for an hourglass figure. The A-line skirt, done in a bouquet of roses, brings out slight touches of pink in the top and swirls gracefully to the knee for an easy to wear look. As soft as a petal and as bright as a spring garden, this unlikely duo is sure to impress your special someone. Slip on strappy white espadrilles and carry a Vera Bradley shoulder bag, repeating the floral theme in pink and yellow. More florals and stripes you may want to shop at thredUP feature:
- BB Dakota black and white floral sundress $17.49 (Compare at $71)
- Talbots flared red and black floral skirt $13.99 (Compare at $60)
- Elorie A-line blue and yellow floral midi dress $18.49 (Compare at $71)
- Blu Moon black floral shirt sheath with tiered top $33.99 (Compare at $143)
- Forever 21 rose and black floral peplum cocktail dress $9.49 (Compare at $33)
- J Crew blue and white stripe gathered crop top $5.49 (Compare at $25)
- Old Navy black and white stripe shift dress $8.99 (Compare at $30)
- Calvin Klein green and blue striped tank dress $30.99 (Compare at $140)
- Luaren Conrad grey and white stripe summer maxi dress $13.99 (Compare at $48)
- J. Crew short sleeve pink and white stripe T-shirt $9.99 (Compare at $30)
There are amazing bargains to be found at thredUP. Some pieces are new with tags, most have been pre-owned and gently worn. If this is your first visit to thredUP, take some time to look around. New items are arriving every minute, so the inventory is constantly changing and growing. If you would like to learn more about selling on thredUP, chick here. To see the complete selection of patterns, prints, florals and stripes or to place an order online, visit thredUP.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending.