The best dressed celebrities at the 2016 Academy Awards included Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Theron, Brie Larson, Olivia Munn and two-time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett.
Jennifer Lawrence vamped it up in a sheer lace Dior gown with a plunging neckline, while Olivia Munn channeled classic Hollywood glamour in a one-shoulder orange column dress. Cate Blanchett ruled the red carpet in a glittery Armani Privé dress accented with Swarovski crystals. Cate also showed off her new haircut: A chic bob.
Charlize looked glamorous in a form-fitting red Dior Haute Couture gown with a plunging neckline, while Brie Larson (who won the Oscar this year for best actress in “Room”) rocked an elegant blue Gucci gown with a ruffle skirt.
The big winner at the Academy Awards was Leonardo DiCaprio, who won Best Actor for “Revenant,” while the biggest surprise was Sylvester Stallone, who was snubbed as best supporting actor for his gripping performance in “Creed.”
The Oscars 2016 Winners List
- Best Picture: “Spotlight”
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Revenant”
- Best Actress: Brie Larson, “Room”
- Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, “Bridge of Spies”
- Best Supporting Actress: Alicia Vikander, “The Danish Girl”
- Best Director: Alejandro Iñárritu, “The Revenant”
- Best Original Screenplay: “Spotlight” by Josh Singer and Tom McCarthy
- Best Adapted Screenplay:”The Big Short” by Charles Randolph and Adam McKay