The 2016 NIT Tournament live stream online and TV schedule gets underway tonight with 9 games on the schedule. While the NIT may not get as much hype as the NCAA, the competition is just as fierce. Once the players hit the hardwood, they all want to win, and with great schools like Florida State, Ohio State Creighton and Valparaiso all in action this evening, the intensity will be high. Tonight’s NIT Tournament live streaming action will kick off three weeks of non-stop hoops action!
According to a SB Nation report, the No. 1 seeds in the 2016 NIT Tournament are St. Bonaventure (22-8), South Carolina (24-8), Monmouth and Valparaiso (26-6) are the other of the four NIT one seeds. To know one’s surprise, those four teams are the favorites to win this year’s NIT tourney, however there are a few long shots that should make some noise. At 15/1 Florida could be a team to watch out for in the NIT and so could Ohio State and Georgia at 18/1.
The Buckeyes played in the tough Big Ten conference and held their own for most of the season despite injuries and key losses from last season’s team. Ironically, OSU may have a tough time in their first game tonight against cross town rival Akron. This game will have extra incentive not just because it is a tournament game, but also it will give Akron a chance to show they can run with the Big Ten team down the road. The Zips finished the 2015-16 season at 26-8, capturing the Mid-American Conference title.
The Buckeyes miss players like D’Angelo Russell, who recently said the team doesn’t “work hard enough” to earn wins. Russell may be right, however losing key players from the previous year doesn’t help either. Both the Zips and Buckeyes are worth taking a chance on to win this year’s NIT just because the odds are so high!
Here is a look at the odds to win the NIT Tournament, and the schedule, TV times and odds for all the first round action.
Odds to win NIT Championship
- South Carolina 6/1
- Monmouth 6/1
- Valparaiso 7/1
- St. Bonaventure 8/1
- Saint Mary’s 8/1
- Washington 14/1
- BYU 14/1
- Florida 15/1
- Virginia Tech 18/1
- Ohio State 18/1
- Georgia 18/1
- San Diego State 20/1
- Creighton 20/1
- Florida State 20/1
- FIELD 45/1
- 7 p.m. ESPNU — No. 1 South Carolina vs. No. 8 High Point
- 7 p.m. ESPN — No. 3 Ohio State (-5) vs. No. 6 Akron
- 7 p.m. ESPN2 — No. 4 Florida State (-9) vs. No. 5 Davidson
- 9 p.m. ESPN — No. 4 Creighton vs. No. 5 Alabama
- 9 p.m. ESPNU — No. 2 Florida (-7) vs. No. 7 North Florida
- 9 p.m. ESPN2 — No. 3 Washington (-8) vs. No. 6 Long Beach State
- 9:15 p.m. ESPN3 — No. 1 Valparaiso (-16) vs. No. 8 Texas Southern
- 10 p.m. ESPN3 — No. 2 San Diego State (-11) vs. No. 7 IPFW
- 11 p.m. ESPN2 — No. 2 St. Mary’s (CA) (-12) vs. No. 7 New Mexico State
- 7 p.m. ESPN3 — No. 1 St. Bonaventure vs. No. 8 Wagner
- 7 p.m. ESPN2 — No. 3 Georgia vs. No. 6 Belmont
- 7:30 p.m. ESPN3 — No. 1 Monmouth vs. No. 8 Bucknell
- 8 p.m. ESPNU — No. 3 Virginia Tech vs. No. 6 Princeton
- 8 p.m. ESPN3 — No. 4 George Washington vs. No. 5 Hofstra
- 9 p.m. ESPN2 — No. 4 Georgia Tech vs. No. 5 Houston
- 10 p.m. ESPNU — No. 2 BYU vs. No. 7 UAB