Besides adding negative calorie foods to your diet, you can also use these negative calorie spices for the same effect. They are all fat-burning, boost metabolism and are healthy for different reasons. They take up more caloric energy to digest them than the calories that are in them.
Negative calorie weight-loss explained
Your body has to expend energy in order to digest foods. It takes 10% of your daily caloric intake to process foods in your body. For Example, an 8-inch stalk of celery contains approximately 6 calories and you burn 20 calories digesting it. That’s pretty exciting considering the variety of food and spices that fall into this category.
Negative calorie spices
- Black pepper: helps sluggish digestion and when consumed with other food or spices, helps them enter the bloodstream faster.
- Cardamon: natural detox, digestive aid and immunity booster.
- Cayenne pepper: considered a medicinal food by many cultures for 1,000’s of years. It revs up the metabolism, increases circulation and boosts fat-burning up to 25%.
- Cinnamon: helps us feel full longer so good for dieting, lessens insulin production so sugar isn’t turned into fat and is an anti-fungal so helps control infection.
- Cumin: digestive aid.
- Ginger: amazing health plant that is widely studied and helps speed up metabolism, aids digestion, and settles indigestion and nausea.
- Garlic: speeds up metabolism, helps keep blood pressure from going too high and breaks up fat molecules so is good for normalizing cholesterol.
- Horseradish: helps burn fat and boosts metabolism.
- Mustard: helps us feel full and boosts metabolism.
- Turmeric: a medicinal for centuries, it has been shown to reduce triglyceride levels, boost fat-burning, maintain blood sugar, fight inflammation and fight cancer cells.
Additional negative calorie spices
Other spices and fresh or dried herbs on the negative calorie food list are: Anise, Chili peppers, Cloves, Coriander/Cilantro, Dill, Fennel seeds, Flax seeds, Garden cress, Parsley, Onion, Mustard seeds, Watercress.
Weight-loss with negative calorie spices
To lose weight quickly, never skip a meal. The first meal after waking starts your metabolism. Your metabolism then speeds up for about eight hours and then starts slowing down until you go to sleep. Skip breakfast and your metabolism doesn’t get started until lunchtime. You’ve just missed three or four hours of fat burning time.
Use these negative calorie spices to complete your weight loss diet. They have many properties for health in addition they boost metabolism.