On a recent episode of Food Network “Mystery Diners” was titled, “Love Hurts.” Charles Stiles gave the top ten in descending order of the “Mystery Diners” episodes that he was called in for that was caused by love in one way or another.
10. Barrio Star in San Diego, California. Isabel Cruz and Todd Camburn were concerned when one of their trusted employees was making too many mistakes. When an ex-girlfriend that still works there used his code, she screwed up his orders to get even with him. She then threw an order at his back when he told her he was not her boyfriend. In the end; this five-star clinger was not only dumped by Mark; she was dumped from Barrio Star.
9. Geppino’s Sicilian Kitchen in Moorpark, California. Owners Joe and Fran employed their daughters to work in the restaurant, and also hired their daughter’s boyfriend McCall, who they suspected was stealing. However, he was a cheater who kissed women in the restaurant, made a date with undercover “Mystery Diner” Shelby and when confronted, was dumped and fired.
8. Marché Bacchus in Las Vegas, Nevada. Husband and wife owners Jeff and Rhonda Wyatt were concerned when two of their employees had a bad breakup. Charles sent in waitress in training Destiny to investigate, and it caused Layla to throw a drink in her ex’s face right in the restaurant. She was both dumped and fired.
7. Encore Dinner Theater in Tustin, California. Owner Peter Zapas contacted “Mystery Diners” because he was concerned about a fatal attraction between his theater crew and restaurant staff. One of the actresses was friendly to a waiter, who brought her food, but she had a boyfriend. Connor mistakenly confronted Hannah during the play because he believed they were romantically involved and ruined the show. He was delusional to believe that Hannah was his girlfriend and was fired for ruining the show.
6. Barefoot Bob’s in Las Vegas, Nevada. Owner Marty contacted “Mystery Diners” when he found out his private room was not generating enough revenue. Charles went to work and found out that bartender Liz had her boyfriend and his friends set up in the room, and they nearly burned the place down by being careless while smoking cigars. When she asked for another chance, she was fired and now hopes her boyfriend pays her bills because he was the reason she was fired.
5. Nico Santucci of Los Angeles, California. Nico called in Charles because he was concerned with theft during private dinner parties. Nico discovered that his chef Richard and maid Olivia were having a secret love affair. It was Olivia that was going through the coats of the guests and Richard, who was popping pills, so both were fired.
4. Action Burger in Brooklyn, New York. Owner Blaine Carter loved burgers as much as he loved comic books. However, he believed that someone on his staff was stealing his comic books. One actress was hired to dress up as an action hero, but some of the staff was falling for her and gave her free food; she was fired from the place because her character was not supposed to eat, as she was a robot.
3. Langosta Lounge in Asbury Park, New Jersey. Brother and sister owners Richard and Marilyn were concerned about a decrease in their lobster supply. Mikey a server was an activist for lobsters and taking them and sending them back into the ocean. He lost his job and will have to save them elsewhere.
2. Whiskey Dick’s in Las Vegas, Nevada. Managing partner, Will Glenn was concerned about his female staff, especially his night manager Nikki. She was rounding up single customers to meet the women who worked there as a dating service. When her scheme was discovered, she was fired.
1. Poppy’s Crazy Lobster in New Orleans, Louisiana. Poppy called Charles because of tension in his restaurant among the staff. Rick and Jason, who worked in the kitchen, were stuck in a love triangle. The kitchen had windows where the guest could watch their meals being cooked, so it was more like a cage fight going on. Jason was dating one of the waitresses named Felicia. However, Felicia was also stringing Rick along. Charles brought in “Mystery Diner” Nicole to flirt with Rick. When Felicia saw Rick give Nicole his number, she attacked her. When they were brought to the control room, both Rick and Nicole were fired, and Jason was given another chance to keep his job. These were the top ten love problems that were solved thanks to Charles and his staff of “Mystery Diners.”