Fast approaching Mother’s Day, we have a gift suggestion that just never fails: flowers. It is the one thing that Moms overwhelmingly say they like. In fact, a recent survey conducted by Momtrends Media (a national lifestyle blog), and in connection with Teleflora, the respondents said that a mixed bouquet of flowers ranked at the top of the charts amongst 62% of moms polled.
We recently received a sample of a bouquet from Teleflora we think she will really like, Teleflora’s Butterfly Sunrise Bouquet. The bouquet has terrific peach roses, yellow alstroemeria, and lavender chrysanthemums. It is set into an oversized mug (FDA-approved and food safe) with dancing butterflies on it. It’s very sweet.
There are a few other notes to the survey we wanted to share below with the theme, one Tough Mother, that was chosen for this year. It’s fun, what can we say?
The Top 10 Things that makes “Being a Mom the Toughest Job You’ll Ever Love” are:
- Balancing a career with being a mom
- Juggling the day-to-day, including shuttling my kids to school and all of their extracurricular activities
- Disciplining my children
- Forgetting to take care of myself
- Making sure my children do their homework and get good grades
- The never-ending illnesses that get passed on to you
- I haven’t slept through the night since my kids were born
- Mopping up the bodily fluids
- Keeping my kids away from drugs and alcohol
- Mommy cliques
…23% admitted, “Being a mom is tough!”
When asking moms to share advice on:
“The one thing no one tells you about being mom?”
53% of moms said, “You’ll learn from your children just as much as they will learn from you.”
23% admitted, “Being a mom is tough!”
10% revealed, “Pregnancy causes memory loss.”
14% shared other personal affirmations conceding that while “motherhood is never a perfect recipe, the infinite love you have for your children will surmount any challenges you face along the way.”