St. Patrick’s Day is March 17, but if you want to celebrate an extended holiday, head over to Raglan Road at Disney Springs. The popular Irish pub stretches out the celebration from March 11 to 17 with its annual Mighty St. Patrick’s Celebration.
Irish music, Irish dancers, and plenty of Guinness are all staples of the celebration, and bring your appetite for celebrity chef Kevin Dundon’s delicious cuisine. Enjoy loin of bacon and cabbage (an authentic Irish dish for St. Patrick’s Day) and other classics that feature Chef Dundon’s unique twists. Next door, at Cooke’s of Dublin, you can grab a quick order of fish and chips or other Irish favorites.
Bands playing at the Mighty St. Patricks Festival include:
- The Raglan Roots Coalition – 10 years down the road, Raglan felt it was time to shake its boogie – Roots style, with this new Irish house band. Think soul-rocking Celtic bluegrass with some hip-swingin’, knee-shakin’ funky roots beats, and you’re only halfway there.
- Cooney & Ryan – One of the finest traditional Irish music duos around, these accomplished, energetic musicians often invite the crowd to sing along.
- JigJam – The hottest new act on the Celtgrass music scene, this County Offaly, Ireland, trio blend the best of hard-driving American Bluegrass and Irish folk music.
- Avi McGourty – Award winning singer-songwriter McGourty from County Tipperary, Ireland, is a rising star on the Irish music scene with her soulful lyrics and joyful musical renditions.
- The High Road – These young, traditional Irish musicians who met in University in Ireland exude musical chemistry. A predominately Irish traditional group, they also play British folk, blues and soul.
Check out www.raglanroad.com for the full entertainment schedule. The family friendly event also features free face painting and fun giveaways.
Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival hours are 4 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. on March 11, 14, 15 and 16; noon to 1:30 a.m. on March 12 and 13; and 11 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. on March 17. The pub opens weekdays at 11 a.m. for lunch and weekends at 10 a.m. for brunch. On the 17th, seating is first come, first served, with a $10 cover charges for guests age 18 and older. If you’d like a unique experience, Chef Dundon is hosting an exclusive four-course luncheon and culinary demonstration on March 14 and a signature dinner and wine event on March 15. Call 407-938-0300 for reservations on the other days of the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival and details of the special dining events.
For details of another Disney Springs special dining event in March, go here.