The Meritage Resort and Spa will be hosting the third annual Masters and Makers – Food and Wine Experience from February 12 to 14, 2016. Just to celebrate the perfect St. Valentine weekend! This wine and food celebration showcase exquisite Napa Valley and Sonoma wines with creative wine tasting experiences, wine education sessions, and dining at The Meritage Resort and Spa in world-famous Napa Valley. Renowned participants scheduled to appear include Masters of Wine and Master Sommeliers, HALL Wines, Trinitas Cellars, The Meritage Resort culinary team, and some of the finest winemakers in the region benefitting Community Resources for Children, a Napa Valley charity.
Masters and Makers weekend will be the celebration if all wine and food, a three-day affair for all wine lovers. You can select to attend individual events or purchase an All Access Pass.
Here are some of the weekend highlights:
- The Masters and the Makers – February 12 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Learn about tasting wine from a winemaker, Master Sommelier, and winery proprietor. Taste wines side-by-side from both HALL Wines and Trinitas Cellars, as each is described by our panel of experts while answering questions from wine lovers.
- HALL Wines Winemaker Dinner in the Estate Cave – February 12, 2016 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. A Master Sommelier and representatives from HALL Wines will take you on a wine and food journey, along with Meritage Executive Chef, Ryan Rupp. The event will feature a multi-course dinner paired with wines from HALL and a menu that promises to be a decadent experience.
- Opposites Attract….The Most Unlikely Pairings of Food and Wine – February 13 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. We all think we know what wine will pair with what food, but sometimes it’s the exact opposite. Join Trinitas Cellars as we explore how four different wines go with four different items that you might not expect. After the pairing, enjoy a delightful multi-course lunch with wine.
- Shape of the Glass Tasting with RIEDEL: Relationships and Glassware Come in ALL Shapes and Sizes – February 13 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Ever wonder why there are so many different shapes and sizes of stemware available? Join RIEDEL to embark on a unique wine tasting experience focused on learning about the shape of the glass. Learn about how to match your stemware to your wine and enjoy the benefits of improved bouquet, texture, flavors, and finish. The experience will take you through some of the finest Napa Valley wines from Etude, world-renown chocolates from Lindt, and explain the winemakers’ secrets behind each wine.
- GRAND Tasting – February 13 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The Grand Ballroom will transform into a majestic tasting room with more than 40 Napa Valley and Sonoma wineries showcasing many of the finest wines produced in the region. Wines and a few brews from local breweries will be featured along with endless creations from our incredible culinary team. Guests have the opportunity to walk around to each winery and pair a variety of exquisite wines with a fantastic selection of seafood, delightfully prepared meats, cheeses, and decadent desserts all while enjoying live music.
- Valentine’s Day Sparkling Brunch – February 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The perfect event to celebrate with your love one! Enjoy a fabulous Valentine’s Day Brunch, as the culinary team from The Meritage Resort, teams up with some of the top sparkling wine producers from Napa Valley. Also, an expert mixologist will create favorite breakfast cocktails.
To see the full list of events and to purchase tickets go to the Masters and Makers @Meritage website.