Mardi Gras is less than a month away at Universal Orlando Resort, with bands, beads, parades and more all poised to bring the Big Easy to Orlando for another season, starting on February 6. Below is the band schedule; headliners play on the main stage, while the New Orleans bands perform in the French Quarter:
- February 6: Hunter Hayes (headliner), Rockin’ Jake
- February 13: Diana Ross (headliner), Mississippi Rail Company
- February 14: Barenaked Ladies (headliner), Mississippi Rail Company
- February 20: Nate Ruess (headliner), Naughty Professor
- February 27: Fall Out Boy (headliner), Cha Wa
- March 5: Kool & the Gang (headliner), Beth McKee & the Sliders
- March 12: The Fray (headliner), Soul Project
- March 13: Adam Lambert (headliner), Soul Project
- March 19: Shawn Mendes (headliner),The Big Easy Playboys
- March 20: 3 Doors Down (headliner), The Big Easy Playboys
- March 26: REO Speedwagon (headliner), Gravy
- April 2: T-Pain (headliner), Dirty Bourbon River Show
- April 9: Jessie J (headliner), Daddy Mack Blues Band
- April 16: Yandel (headliner), Big Al and The Heavyweights
The music is always a big draw, but don’t miss out on the fun of dining on Cajun cuisine, watching authentic floats engineered by Blaine Kern and seeing how many of the 1.7 million beads you can catch. The videos below will whet your appetite for all the New Orleans-style entertainment ahead at Mardi Gras. If you’re looking for something a little closer on the calendar, jump here to read about A Celebration of Harry Potter at the end of January.
Mardi Gras Parade
This year’s Mardi Gras parade features a dozen floats celebrating various cultures and festivals from around the world, including Venetian Carnival, Oktoberfest, 4th of July and Rio de Janeiro Carnival. Be prepared to marvel at the detail, and make sure your reflexes are sharp to catch your share of the beads than rain down all along the parade route. The video shows the 2015 version of the Universal Mardi Gras Parade.
Mardi Gras Event Overview
Want a quick overview of the whole Universal Studios Florida Mardi Gras event, including the street performers, French Quarter area, bands, and merchandise? You’ll find it all packed into this seven-minute video from 2015 that gives you a flavor of what to expect.
Lora Wallace Interview
The Mardi Gras parade changes and improves every year. Last year, show director Lora Wallace talked about the new 2015 float, changes to existing floats, and some other parade details. You can see her in the video chatting about last year. Stay tuned to learn about what’s on tap for 2016.