Chapel Hill’s Carolina Inn begins the 14th season of its popular, end-of-the-workweek celebration “Fridays on the Front Porch” starting April 29 from 5-8 p.m. Big Fat Gap is the kickoff band. Fridays on the Front Porch features the music of some of North Carolina’s best bands for 24 consecutive Fridays through early October.
The free event features live music, craft cocktails, hand-dipped Maple View ice cream and more – no reservations needed. Details are at www.CarolinaInnEvents.com.
Returning by popular demand are a variety of favorite food trucks available to entertain palates with two different options most weeks. The 11 participants are Bam Pow Chow, Barone Meatballs, Bulkogi, Chicken Q, Chirba Chirba, CockAdoodle Moo, Cousins Maine Lobster, D’Burritos, Heavenly Smoke, Porchetta and Stuffit.
2016 Band Schedule and Food Truck Vendors
- April 29 – Big Fat Gap (Bulkogi and Porchetta)
- May 6 – Mick Mixon & The Franklin Street Band (Bam Pow Chow and Chicken Q)
- May 13 – Counter Clockwise (CockAdoodle Moo and D’Burritos)
- May 20 – Acoustic Manner (Porchetta and Stuffit)
- May 27 – The Holland Brothers (Bam Pow Chow and Heavenly Smoke)
- June 3 – Mick Mixon & The Franklin Street Band (Bulkogi and CockAdoodle Moo)
- June 10 – Big Fat Gap (Barone Meatballs and Chirba Chirba)
- June 17 – Acoustic Manner (D’Burritos and Porchetta)
- June 24 – Fireside Collective (Heavenly Smoke and Stuffit)
- July 1 – Big Fat Gap (Chicken Q)
- July 8 – The Holland Brothers (Bam Pow Chow)
- July 15 – Acoustic Manner (D’Burritos)
- July 22 – Counter Clockwise (Stuffit)
- July 29 – Fireside Collective (Bulkogi)
- August 5 – Big Fat Gap (D’Burritos)
- August 12 – Mel Melton & The Wicked Mojo (Barone Meatballs and CockAdoodle Moo)
- August 19 – The Holland Brothers (Cousins Maine Lobster and Porchetta)
- August 26 – Acoustic Manner (Chirba Chirba and Stuffit)
- September 2 – Big Fat Gap (Chirba Chirba and Heavenly Smoke)
- September 9 – Fireside Collective (Barone Meatballs and Heavenly Smoke)
- September 16 – Counter Clockwise (Chicken Q and Cousins Maine Lobster)
- September 23 – Acoustic Manner (Barone Meatballs and CockAdoodle Moo)
- September 30 – Mel Melton & The Wicked Mojo (Bulkogi and Chirba Chirba)
- October 7 – Big Fat Gap (Bam Pow Chow and Chicken Q)
About The Carolina Inn, A Destination Hotel
The historical Carolina Inn features 185 charming and well-appointed guestrooms including seven luxury suites. The Carolina Inn and its Crossroads Chapel Hill restaurant were awarded AAA’s prestigious 2016 Four Diamond ratings, marking 19 consecutive hotel honors and 14 straight restaurant recognitions. The restaurant has been awarded Four-Stars by the Forbes Travel Guide for 16 straight years.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy:
• Other stories by Newbern and Fletcher
• Other Stories by JS Fletcher
• Stories by Kathy M. Newbern, Luxury Travel Examiner
International and Luxury Travel Examiners J.S. Fletcher and spouse, Kathy M. Newbern, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.