The newest dining concept to hit Margaritaville, JWB Prime Steak and Seafood, is now open at the new Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort. Located on the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk in Hollywood, Florida, this all-new dining concept for the Margaritaville brand gives resort guests and local residents the chance to enjoy fresh cuisine in a unique and elegant coastal setting.
JWB takes its name from none other than James (Jimmy) William Buffett. It is located in the main lobby of the new Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort. JWB’s takes the Margaritaville lifestyle and blends it with authentic yet upscale South Florida touches. As with other eateries in the Margaritaville family, guests can expect to find some of their favorite songs implemented into the JWB menu.
JWB is the eighth and final food and beverage venue to open at the resort, which opened in the fall of 2015. The restaurant features a full bar, open-air kitchen, a wine cellar wall and a main dining room that seats up to 135. There is also a private dining room for small groups and business, corporate or social functions.
“JWB is an entirely new concept for Margaritaville and we could not be more delighted to have it make its debut at our beautiful new resort,” said Cate Farmer, General Manager. “This restaurant carefully combines the very best elements of the Margaritaville lifestyle in an intimate and casual yet sophisticated atmosphere we believe people will find truly refreshing.”
Reclaimed brick walls, aged hardwood floors and ocean blue drapes give a casually elegant look to the restaurant. Other unique design features include European glass mosaics, a 30-foot long work of original art and bar stools upholstered with imprinted rum label fabric modeled after Caribbean distilleries.
As would be expected, JWB’s offers an extensive cocktail menu that includes selections such as:
- The Blue Heaven Rendezvous – Sip and savor this acai-blueberry vodka-based drink with blueberry syrup, fresh lemon juice and raspberry puree mix.
- The Jamaica Mistaica – This Buffett version of Trader Vic’s 1944 mai tai is a French almond flavored rum-based drink with hints of lime juice and dry orange liqueur.
- Caribbean Amphibian – Mint leaves, fresh lime juice, Monin Pure Cane Syrup, Ciroc Pineapple Vodka and Boiron Pineapple Puree give this Cuban mojito a twist.
The resort’s executive chef, Andres Teran, has made sure that JWB features a diverse and refreshing menu. Entrees include Colorado lamb chops, whole grilled lobster, Florida stone crab, miso salmon and prime bone-in ribeye. A variety of fish dishes – grouper, grilled salmon and snapper – are available each day. Desserts include bananas foster cream pie, key lime pie and orange sunset cake as well as coffee, espresso and dessert cocktails. JWB’s also features a raw bar with a wide variety of options such as oysters on the half shell, crab cakes and steak tartare.
One of the most unique aspects of the new restaurant would have to be its spear-caught fishing program, which was created by the Margaritaville brand’s concept chef, Carlo Sernaglia. Each evening, the JWB “fresh spear-caught fish special” changes to give details on the day’s fresh catch, which includes sharing the name of the local South Florida fisherman who caught it.
In addition to enjoying a delicious meal, guests who choose the spear-caught fish dish will help to support South Florida’s ecology. Spear fishing is less damaging to the environment than line or net fishing. This special will, of course, depend upon the day’s weather and the success of the fishing team.
“We had an incredibly fun time designing the JWB menu, experimenting with the most popular South Florida flavor profiles, utilizing the freshest possible local ingredients, and adding our own inventive twists her and there,” said Teran. “The result has already been very well received. JWB is unlike any other restaurant you can find in South Florida right now, and we look forward to an exciting future ahead.”
Co-managed by Coral Hospitality and Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort is a 17-story, 349-room resort destination. It offers that authentic “laid-back and no worries” vibe inspired by the lyrics of singer, songwriter, author and actor Jimmy Buffett.
Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort is within close proximity to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades. The resort has a variety of restaurants and bars as well as a full-service spa and an oceanfront fitness center. The resort offers an on-site water recreation area with multiple pools, a FlowRider Double surf pool and three live entertainment venues.
Dining options at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort
- JWB Prime Steak and Seafood – Described as “laid-back luxe,” this is the place to go for a special evening out.
- Margaritaville – An original, this two-story restaurant overlooks the beach and pool and features made-to-order dishes and coastal cocktails. Hang out and enjoy live entertainment.
- LandShark Bar & Grill – Inspired by traditional Atlantic coast beach bars, this oceanfront deck setting serves food, drinks and fun.
- License to Chill Bar – This poolside bar is located on the 11th floor rooftop terrace – available to adults only – and serves light fare such as salads, wraps and wine. Sit back and chill a while.
- 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill – Located waterside on the Intracoastal Waterway, this indoor/outdoor bar serves drinks and bar bites and offers a daily entertainment schedule.
- Lone Palm Beach Bar – Enjoy cocktails, beer and beach bites at this thatched roof tiki bar.
- Floridays Airstream Café – This refurbished airstream trailer is located on the Broadwalk and offers a quick service menu of gourmet hot dogs, cold drinks and other snacks.
- Margaritaville Coffee Shop – Hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, gelato, pastries and more are available at the resort’s lobby location.
JWB Prime Steak and Seafood is located within the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort at 1111 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, Florida. The bar opens daily at 4:00 p.m. The restaurant serves dinner Sunday to Thursday from 6 – 10 p.m. and on Fridays and Saturdays from 6-11 p.m.
For more information on JWB’s Prime Steak and Seafood and the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, please visit margaritavillehollywoodbeachresort.com.