Nashville singer and Red Bow Records recording artist Joe Nichols will perform at the upcoming Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Presented by Rock the Ocean, the fourth annual event takes place April 15-17, 2016 right on the sand of Fort Lauderdale Beach Park. The three-day event has become wildly popular. Last year’s sold-out festival drew in more than 75,000 fans.
Joe Nichols joins headliners Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton and Dierks Bentley along with a full line-up of some of the biggest and up-and-coming names in country, rhythm and rock. Just a few of the many other performers at the Tortuga Music Festival include Sam Hunt, Chase Bryant, Kelsea Ballerini, Kristian Bush, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Kip Moore.
Since his first number one single – “Brokenheartsville” from the 2002 Man with a Memory album – the Rogers, Arkansas native has garnered numerous awards, hit singles and Grammy nominations.
A four-time Grammy nominee, Joe Nichols has earned six career number ones and is the winner of the Horizon Award from the Country Music Association, Top New Male Vocalist from the Academy of Country Music and the CMT Breakthrough Video of the Year. He has also received New Artists awards from Billboard, Radio & Records and Music Row Magazine as well as a New York Times Best Albums of the Year nod.
Joe’s latest single from his upcoming album, Freaks Like Me, takes it back to a traditional country sound with an upbeat edge. It features the singer’s deep and distinctive voice relaying a message of staying true to yourself and being proud of who you are and where you come from.
…Give me old folks and old boots / And deep fried and deep roots / And six packs and six strings and two dollar blue jeans… from Freaks Like Me
The lyric video for Freaks Like Me takes viewers on a fun and nostalgic journey through farm fields, country roads and family cookouts.
Fun facts about Joe Nichols
- Joe is one of only two artists to spend more than two weeks at number one on the Billboard Country Airplay chart with “Yeah,” which held the top spot for three weeks. The other artist was Luke Bryan.
- He went from working nights as a country music disc jockey to touring with Alan Jackson and Toby Keith in 2004.
- He has six number one hits and eight Top 10 singles, including “Brokenheartsville,” “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off” and “Gimmie that Girl.”
- Joe Nichols has appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Conan, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Queen Latifah Show, Entertainment Tonight, Academy of Country Music Awards and Austin City Limits.
- He has guest starred on ABC’s “Nashville” and headlined the inaugural CMT Hot 20 Countdown from Murray State University.
- Joe has been featured in Billboard, Rolling Stone, People, USA Today, CMT.com, Country Weekly and The Boston Globe, just to name a few.
- He was one of the flagship artists signed to Red Bow Records, which was the newly created imprint of the highly successful BBR Music Group and Sony RED.
Joe Nichols takes the stage at the Tortuga Music Festival on Sunday, April 17, 2016. The headlining performer is Blake Shelton, and other artists include Billy Currington, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Chase Bryant, Elle King, Thomas Rhett and many more.
Nichols is currently touring in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more about Joe Nichols and his music and tour schedule, please visit JoeNichols.com.
About Rock the Ocean’s 2016 Tortuga Music Festival
Rock the Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival takes an oceanfront setting and uses it as a way to raise awareness about issues that impact the oceans of the world. Goals include the support of marine research and the protection of the festival’s namesake, the sea turtles that nest along Florida’s Atlantic coast.
Along with the lineup of musical performances, the festival features a Conservation Village with more than a dozen booths, interactive exhibits and conservation organizations. Concert-goers will be able to learn about how we can all support and save the oceans and marine animals of the world. Just a few of the causes that will benefit from the Tortuga Music Festival include Sea Turtle Oversight Protection (STOP), Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) and the Florida Fishing Academy.
The goal of Rock the Ocean is to support scientific research and create public awareness about issues that impact the oceans of the world through concerts, brand partnerships and entertainment events like the Tortuga Music Festival. To date, proceeds from the Tortuga Music Festival have contributed more than $250,000 to marine and ocean research and conservation.
Single day and full weekend tickets to the 2016 Tortuga Music Festival are now on sale. Please visit www.tortugamusicfestival.com for more information, a complete performance schedule and to purchase tickets.