With the recent news of the ghost photo at the Stanley Hotel, it seems that the paranormal still holds a lot of interest to the public. For some though ghosts aren’t just something they read about in the news or books, take Katelyn Dantinne’s story for instance. Katelyn is a 21-year-old college student from Wallace, Mich, who just so happens to live in a haunted house! I asked and sent her ten questions, so I could learn more about her experiences and the ghosts that lived in her home. I also asked her about her views the famous haunted house case, “The Amityville Horror.”
So for those who are interested in true paranormal stories, will find her story fascinating and even a little creepy (like the red eyes part).
So here’s the interview:
1. How old were you when you had your first paranormal experience in your house?
I would say I was about 11. I had just gone to bed and it felt like I was being watched. I rolled to my back and there was a shadow figure standing at the end of my bed staring at me. He wore a top hat and disappeared about 30 seconds after he appeared.
2. Before your first experience, did you believe in ghosts?
Definitely. I have always been fascinated with the paranormal and the afterlife. I have gone on different ghost tours and have seen things on those as well.
3. Have you ever felt an evil presence your home?
Yes. The spirit in my home is my father’s uncle, Leo. I have been told he was a very sweet man, and completely harmless. But there was one instance where I was in bed and looked into the opening in my closet and I saw red eyes glaring at me. I was frozen with fear and didn’t know what to think. I haven’t seen it since and that was close to 10 years ago.
4. Is there a place in your home, where you find it has the most paranormal activity?
No, it is in every room. Although, I have noticed I seem to be the only one to have ever seen him since he passed.
5. Have you ever tried a seance or anything like that to contact the spirits in your home?
Absolutely NOT. I feel that séance is asking for trouble, just like a Ouija board. I would never want to conjure up a possible harmful spirit.
6. Is there a particular story you would like to share that has affected you negatively? (For example maybe getting attacked by an unknown presence or anything that just terrified you)
I have never been attacked, thankfully. But like I noted above I had the red eyes staring at me. That is the one time that I felt my heart was out of my chest and I couldn’t breathe or speak. I was just frozen.
7. What about a positive one? (Like a helpful ghost or someone that you lost, but could feel their presence)
Funny that you ask this. I have always talked to God at night and asked for him to bring me my grandfather. He passed when I was 4. I talk to him as well and try to get him to give me a sign that he is still with me. Well about two weeks ago, after everyone went to bed, I went to sit down to do some work and I hit a wall of my grandfather’s cologne. It was so strong and I instantly felt calm, like I knew he was there and he is watching over me. It was a sense of relief, after trying so long to summon him.
8. Have you ever had any paranormal experiences that weren’t in your home?
I wish I had, but nothing yet outside of my home.
9. Since you grew up in a haunted house, what are your feelings about famous cases like the Amityville Horror?
I love these cases! I find them very fascinating. I always like to find new stories about haunted houses, or deaths that have occurred in haunted houses. Personally, haunted hospitals or orphanages are my favorite stories.
10. For the last question is there anything else you would like to share?
I am a firm believer in the paranormal and from personal experiences it has only validated my beliefs. I plan to continue researching into paranormal stories and seeing if I can find anything new.
So I would like to thank Katelyn Dantinne for taking her time to answer my questions! If you can relate to her story or even if you have your own paranormal experiences, feel free to comment below!