If you’re a digital marketing professional hoping to find that special something to take your craft to the next level this year, look no further than Interactive Day San Diego. The popular conference features a plethora of talented speakers from innovative companies like Moz, Qualcomm, Google and GoPro. The day-long celebration of all things digital marketing also features famed ‘warrior poet’ Morgan Spurlock. See the entire lineup here.
The conference is next week, May 5-6, 2016. Here’s what you need to know, how to reserve tickets (hurry!) and how to ensure you’re getting the most out of the conference.
What You Need to Know About Interactive Day San Diego
You may know SDX (formerly known as San Diego Ad Club), but if not, check out the innovative organization here. They’re hugely influential in the digital marketing world and have worked diligently to put on yet another great event for IDSD 2016.
Interactive Day SD will be held at the beautiful Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Don’t forget to attend the kickoff mixer on Thursday night at the Andaz Hotel. Mixing and mingling is excellent for business! Then you’ll be inspired and ready for the main event.
Here’s a list of what will be covered at IDSD this year:
- Laura Karmarkar, Mirum Shopper – “Create Content that Converts Leads”
- Thad Kahlow, BusinessOnline – “Rise of the Revenue Marketer”
- Dr. Don Norman, UCSD Design Lab – “From Design Thinking to Design Doing”
- Dan Novak, Qualcomm Technologies – “The Next Billion”
- Ha Phan, GoPro – “There’s Always a Story to Tell”
- Pam Scheideler, Deutsch Los Angeles – “The One Show: Moving the Digital Needle”
- Andrew Caravella, Sprout Social – “9 Brands With Style, Substance, and Strategies to Emulate on Social”
- Jim McArthur, Folklore – “IOT Product Design”
- Jeremy Duimstra, MJD Interactive – “Lean UX – Throw Out the Documentation”
- Ronell Smith, Moz – “Death to Demise: Everything You Know About Content Marketing is Wrong”
- Ellyn Rice, Mindgruve – “Will Machines Replace People? How Programmatic is Changing the Industry”
- Golriz Lucina-Gundry, SoulPancake – “Stop Screaming. Authenticity is Louder”
- Felix Gomez, YuMe – “Making a Connection Using Neuroscience”
- Francesca Pujals, Google – “Grow Market Share With Online Hispanics”
- Brian Quinn, Kenshoo – “Leveraging Intent to Drive Positive ROI in Mobile Advertising”
- Jeffrey Gerttula, CBS Sports Digital – “The Future of Live Sports”
- Paul Miser, Hudson Rouge/Lincoln – “Beyond McConaughey: How Lincoln is Driving Client Engagement and Journeys Through Digital Specific Content and Sequential Distribution”
- Chad Robley, Mindgruve – “Digital Agency CEO’s Panel”
- Greg Seremetis, Frequentz – “Why Transparency Matters”
- Jon Belmonte, Cursive Labs and Spoutable – “Mixin’ It Up: How Mixing Together Your Content, Video and Display Spending Can Dramatically Increase ROI”
- Morgan Spurlock, Warrior Poets – “Creating World-Changing Content – One Brand At A Time”
I’m most looking forward to Morgan Spurlock’s talk about content, Andrew Caravella of Sprout Social’s presentation on brands with style and Brian Quinn of Kenshoo’s discussion about driving positive ROI in mobile advertising.
In addition to the inspirational speakers at the conference, IDSD is also introducing PitchTech, San Diego’s own Startup Competition. The competition allows founders and entrepreneurs to pitch their early stage startups in front of some of the top innovators, angels, VC’s and influencers.
How to be a Powerhouse Conference Attendee
If you can, it’s always best to bring at least one team member to attend with you so you can absorb as much information as possible. Have one person live-blog the event while another person tweets tips and interacts on Twitter. And don’t forget to network! Create a list of speakers you hope to mingle with and, via Twitter, conference attendees to connect with. Tweet them and tell them that you’d love to have a meeting of the minds during a break or happy hour.
Lastly, remember this checklist of conference must-haves:
- A fully charged cell phone for instagramming, snapchatting and tweeting
- Business cards
- Company swag (if you have company stickers or notebooks, you can share with attendees that forgot to bring their own –– marketing at its best and most helpful!)
- A fully charged laptop or iPad
- Tickets! Don’t forget these.
I’ll be live tweeting at the event so please make sure to connect with me on Twitter @Julienbrandt and tweet to the conference hashtag #IDSD.
See you there and don’t forget to secure your ticket here!