Here are three cocktails that will surely have your guests chilling out over mouth-watering flavors as they enjoy the Super Bowl 50 battle between the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers.
The Hanky Panky originated at the American Bar at the Savoy Hotel in London in the early 20th century. Developed by head bartender Ada Coleman, the Hanky Panky matches Fernet Branca’s distinctive character with the botanicals found in gin and sweet vermouth to create a rich blend of flavors. Fernet Branca was originally formulated as a digestive in the mid-19th century with a blend of botanicals, including cardamom, chamomile, saffron and rhubarb. It is not a liqueur for the faint of heart.
- 2 dashes Fernet-Branca
- 1/2 oz. Dry Gin with distinct juniper flavor
- 1/2 oz. Italian sweet vermouth, e.g. Carpano Antica
Shake with ice and strain into a highball glass. Garnish with an orange peel.
Old Fashioned Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon*
- 1 cube of sugar (or a splash of simple syrup)
- 2 dashes bitters
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Twist of lemon
- In an Old Fashioned Glass, place a sugar cube or use simple syrup as a substitute.
- Add bitters and just enough water to help dissolve the sugar.
- Crush or muddle the sugar in the glass and coat the bottom of the glass.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes and Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon.
- Garnish with a twist, or if you’d like, a slice of orange and a maraschino cherry.
Tasting notes from Four Roses website describe this bourbon with aromatics that are spicy, rich, mellow, and fruity with hints of sweet oak & caramel. On the palate it is creamy and mellow with a symphony of rich, spicy flavors along with ripened red berries. It is well-balanced and moderately sweet with a soft, smooth and long finish.
Viniq Shimmery Liqueur
A delicious combination of Premium Vodka, Moscato, Natural Fruit Flavors, and a one-of-a-kind shimmer, Viniq is the perfect fusion of style and taste. Our shimmer is the same ingredient that gives frosting its shine on your favorite cake or the sparkle in rock candy and is safe to consume
3 oz. Viniq Glow
11 oz. domestic light beer chilled
Chill both ingredients two hours before mixing
Pour both ingredients in a tall glass
Stir and serve
May the best team win!
Photos are used with permission from The Baddish Group and the ZENO Group.