It’s sometimes hard to find that best deal for a getaway with so many websites from which to choose. But a relatively new kid in town, goSeek, from CEO Clem Bason, former president of Hotwire.com, is helping to take the angst out of bargain shopping. Its schtick is that they cull together various kinds of discounts such as coupons, AAA, mobile rates, AARP, Members Clubs, etc. from across the web and puts them on one, easy-to-navigate site. You can pretty much expect to save 20% or more on a hotel stay by surfacing thousands of hidden discounts not available on other travel sites.
Clem put together an list for byteclay.com of “Last Minute Spring Break Destinations that Won’t ‘Break’ the Bank” that includes:
- San Diego– mid-week and weekends April specials include 4-star hotel in La Jolla for $200 a night with a goSeek Member Rate, a 3.5-star downtown for just $100 with a coupon. An AAA card savings of almost 40% off a 4-star hotel near the Gaslamp district. Click here to see the savings. Brooklyn
- Brooklyn–yeah, I said Brooklyn, want to make something of it like a good deal. You’ll find well-reviewed 3.5 and 4-star hotels pricing aggressively there in April. You can find the 4-star for as low as $117 a night – a steal in NYC. So check out a different neighborhood. Get off the beaten path! Check the rates here.
- Savannah—while not on most people’s spring break radar it’s a peaceful spot for people who like to avoid the crowds and soak in some southern charm. Now, this still is Savannah though so hotels are a bit expensive. You can find 3.5 and 4-star hotels from $150 a night with a coupon. But if you’re willing to go down to a well-reviewed 2.5-star, you can stay for as little as $50 a night. Have a look at all the deals here.
- Portland—rain or shine (and water does tend to drop from the skies there), this quirky destination has lots of deals at 4-star hotels with rates from about $130 a night mid-week, with a coupon or goSeek Member Rate. See the rates here. And if you’re up for an adventure, consider a drive out to Cannon Beach or the other direction, out to Bend! Both should be beautiful this time of year.
- Montreal—we’re getting up there in chilly climate but it is the Paris of North America and Canada’s on a roll right now at least when it comes to US currency exchanges. Killer deals include 4-star properties for less than $100 which you can find here. If you have some flexibility and love the written word, be sure to time your trip to coincide with Blue Metropolis, a wonderful multilingual literary festival.
Happy hunting, now don’t hide and do goseek.com.