Here is a perfectly simple barbecue sauce recipe that works for pulled pork or grilled chicken. The ingredients are things you probably have around the house, and you can save a last-minute trip to the store. The final addition of spices can be your own personal touch to the barbecue sauce. Three drops of hot sauce is called for, and that makes a pretty spicy mixture. However, feel free to heat it up hotter if you desire. I like a bit of cayenne and crushed red pepper. Cumin is nice, too.
There is a video attached that shows you an easy way to prepare pulled pork. Don’t miss that!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mustard
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Two Tablespoons of Lemon Juice (I use reconstituted)
- Two Tablespoons of Worcester Sauce (Soy Sauce will do)
- Bring to a boil in a saucepan.
- Turn down to simmer a few minutes
- Let cool while it thickens.
- Drizzle over pulled pork.
This is also good on chicken grilled with a dry rub.