Cate Blanchett, SK-II brand ambassador and ‘Best Actress’ Nominee, graced the red carpet a couple of weeks ago at the 2016 Golden Globes with positively radiant skin. Makeup artist, Jeanine Lobell created an alluring beauty look for Cate, who was nominated for her performance in “Carol.” Valentine’s Day is a few weeks away, so here’s how to get Cate Blanchette’s beautiful and radiant look to celebrate this romantic and special day.
1. To create the award-winning actress’ red carpet-ready glow, Jeanine Lobell prepped the skin with her favorite SK-II products, beginning with SK-II Facial Treatment Mask. She molded the cotton mask to the contours of Cate Blanchett’s face for 15 minutes, leaving her skin instantly hydrated. “We always use the masks while she’s getting her hair done, to get the skin plumped up, which allows for a much easier foundation application,” according to Lobell.
2. She followed with Blanchett’s must-have product, SK-II’s iconic Facial Treatment Essence, which was applied to moisturize and smooth skin. “I like to pat the Essence onto the skin gently with my hands,” said Lobell. “It makes skin look so fresh.”
- For those looking to try the the Facial Treatment Essence for the first time or looking for something convenient for travels, be sure to try SK-II Pitera Starter Kit, which contains everything needed (cleanser, facial treatment clear lotion, facial treatment essence) for beautiful, glowing skin.
- To really pamper and splurge on someone very special — whether it’s yourself, mom, sister or BFF, definitely try the SK-II Limited Edition Facial Treatment Essence (available in red butterfly, pink butterfly, blue hummingbird) before it’s all gone. The special limited edition bottle is so glorious, that photos simply don’t do it any justice. For this festive 2015 limited edition collection of Facial Treatment Essence, SK-II immortalizes the butterfly and the hummingbird for three distinctive designs, symbolizing the wings of change that empower a woman to take control of her own destiny.
3. To create the dewy, luminous glow, a spritz of SK-II’s new Mid-Day Essence over the final makeup look completed Cate Blanchette’s Golden Globes skincare regimen. “Right before Cate left, after makeup was done, I hit her with the Mid-Day Essence spray,” Lobell said. “You have to put on quite a bit of makeup to make it work for the next four hours, but the essence spray helps to keep it looking dewy and glowing.”
4. “Cate was wearing a gorgeous, classic pink dress, so I wanted her beauty look to be pretty in pink with a big of an edge,” shared Lobell. “I prepped her skin to create a beautiful, dewy glow, and finished with a black, smoky eye.”