The holidays are here again and perhaps you and your sweetie are busy working and shopping doing the ‘family thing.’ Or, if not, maybe you are wondering how you are going to celebrate this season of loving and giving. Have you ever thought about giving your beloved a gift that will be remembered and cherished for years to come? Something that has meaning as well as immediate gratification and that will celebrate your relationship.
This time of year is special as it is a time of year when more people get in touch with the more spiritual side of themselves and remember what being here on planet Earth is all about. And what better way is there to celebrate this than to create simple rituals or ceremonies that you can share with your lover.
Creating Magical Ceremonies
Creating magical ceremonies that will offer you a respite for a few hours. Recharging yourself with love, gratitude, and of course pleasure may be just thing you are looking for. Infuse your life with a bit of sparkle, with a beautiful ceremony that you and your partner can do with each other.
- Set aside time to pamper each other and speak words of love and appreciation that will rekindle your desire and remind you both why you are still together. A little bit of planning will make all the difference in intention and in having fun. Your ceremony can be an hour or longer if you have the time. Or, you can create more than one kind of ritual and keep them short but sweet. Even taking the time to give your sweetie a foot /hand bath and massage can make all the difference after a long day.
- Design a bathing ritual. Candles, warm towels, music, rose petals floating in the tub, champagne and a few drops of an essential oil in the water will make you feel as if you’re at a fancy spa for the evening. Take your time. Wash each other, soak, drink, relax – there is nowhere to go and nothing to do except enjoy every moment of NOW.
- First step is to create your sacred space and light candles everywhere, play soothing music, scent the room and make sure it is beautiful.
- Second step is to draw your lover a bath, scented with essential oils, maybe with rose petals, bubbles and whatever else makes them feel luxurious and pampered.
- Then you can actually come into the bath with your lover if your tub is large enough and wash them, stroke them, help them to just relax and receive. If the tub is not large enough then they can sit on the side and do the same. I have often done bath rituals in this way.
- Then bring your lover into the bedroom or wherever the massage will be given and ask them to get on the table, bed or futon and begin to give them a tantric massage. Always ask your partner what they like, where their body needs attention, and remember to blend both sensual and therapeutic strokes as needed. Ground yourself and just be in the flow of the evening. When your massage is complete lie next to each other and just hold each other close.
Suzie Heumann of Tantra.com came up with a wonderful list of ideas for holiday rituals. Here are a few more ideas that will make your time together memorable.
- Make an altar with your partner. Bring aspects of yourself and your union with your lover together to represent your relationship and even your future intentions. You can make this on a nightstand, on a bookshelf or even temporarily on a cloth on the floor. Use candles, statues, pictures, incense, hearts, rocks or anything that means something to you, both individually and together.
- Choose flowers for your lover that are erotic looking and sensual. These can go on the altar, if you make one, or anywhere you’ll be spending the time together.
- Illuminate! Bring out the candles. Arrange them in safe places that balance the energy in the room and create a feeling of warmth and sensual excitement. Save the last one to light together.
- Bring an intention to your lovemaking ritual. At the beginning, face each other. Each of you place your right hand on the heart of the other and your left hand over the hand of your partner. You are holding their hand to your heart. Each of you take turns briefly saying what you love about the other and what you aspire to for the coming year together. Eye gaze and breathe, as one, for a few minutes before you begin to make love.
- Have a book by the bed with color pictures of positions in it. Something Kama Sutra-ish will do. The number one thing couples are interested in is new positions to add novelty to lovemaking. It helps if you can look at pictures together. This is what a portion of the original Kama Sutra was for – ideas and instruction!
There are many things that you and your partner can do with each other that will add memories and spice up your holiday fun. Just remember to take care of yourselves so those you love will get the full benefit of being with you. The point is to relax and enjoy being with your friends and family during this holiday season. If the stress builds up you will know what to do. Happy Holidays!