So many smoothies, so little time!
This Apricot Date Smoothie is one of my favorite smoothie recipes to mix and match with other fruits. Feel free to exchange the apricot for other fruit, and still enjoy the nutrients provided from the dates.
If you would like to learn more about how TEN (10) lucky Boise shoppers making eco-friendly purchases will have their entire grocery cart purchased by Earthbound Farm and WhiteWave! – please see the information provided at the bottom of this recipe.
Ingredients for Apricot Date Smoothie
- 3 halved apricots (pitted)
- 7 halved dates (pitted)
- 1 cup milk (I prefer coconut)
- ⅔ cup vanilla yogurt (ice cream if you prefer a *shake)
- ¾ cup Ice cubes
Directions for Apricot Date Smoothie
- Place all ingredients in blender or small food processor.
- Pulse until fully blended.
- Serve immediately.
*Click on the link in this sentence to learn more about the history of Date Shakes from Earthbound Farm.
! ! ! Be one of BOISE’s TEN lucky winners of a grocery cart of food from Albertson’s ! ! !
· On April 21 and April 25, TEN lucky Boise shoppers (5 at each location) making eco-friendly purchases will have their entire grocery cart purchased by Earthbound Farm and WhiteWave.
· The window for our “secret shoppers” to locate and purchase carts will be from approximately 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., or until all the carts have been purchased.
· Our “secret shoppers” will be looking for eco-friendly carts at the following two locations (5 carts will be purchased at each location):
- APRIL 21st ONLY: Albertson’s – 250 S Eagle Rd. Eagle, ID 83616
- APRIL 25th ONLY: Albertson’s – 1650 W State. St. Boise, ID 83702
· Earthbound Farm and WhiteWave are purchasing the carts as a reminder that every cart counts when it comes to how the choices we make when we grocery shop impact the Earth and our resources.
Also, if you enjoyed this recipe, then CHECK OUT some of my other Non / or Reduced Sugar Smoothie favorites!
- Red Pepper Love
- Sweet Hazel
- Sweet Black Heart
- Bran New Love
- Berry excited Summer Smoothie
- Green Ginger
For ideas on where to shop for local or organic ingredients, please click on any of the links below:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• Idaho Organic Store Locator
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe – enjoyed with nutrition in mind.