Oregon Scientific was founded in 1989 in Portland, USA, Oregon with a goal to have products that “are made with innovation, precision and passion to bring fresh perspectives to every aspect of your daily life.” In other words, they have gadgets that any geek would love to use just about every day. The following are some products you may find useful as gifts for friends, relatives or even yourself.
Ssmart Dynamo 2+ Activity Tracker – Now that you have gained all that extra holiday weight you may be thinking fitness tracker. With this gadget you can monitor your exercise, heart rate and sleep functions not to mention that you won’t miss a call, text message or cell phone notification while tracking all of your exercise activities.
- Tracker can be removed from wristband – wear on your wrist or keep it in your pocket
- Track walking, running and other exercises as well as inactivity monitoring
- Receive notifications from your smart device – caller ID, email, messaging and SMS display
- Built in display shows activity data and smart device notifications
- Measures steps, calories burned, distance traveled, active minutes, inactive minutes and actual sleep time
- Reminds you of long periods of inactivity – keeps you moving during the day
- 7 day memory
- On demand heart rate measurement
- Waterproof up to 1 ATM – protected against accidental exposure to water; splashes, perspiration or accidental immersion
IOS and Android compatible. Bluetooth 4.0
illumi Ambient Wakeup Light Digital Clock – This is a clock to attach to your smartphone through which you can use the free app to set the different alarms and dawn and dusk light simulations. The illumi sleep app can help you monitor your sleep cycle will allow you to wake-up at the optimal time, when your body is ready. IOS and Android compatible.
- Dual lighting system
- Colorful LED mood lighting and dawn-dusk lighting simulation
- Choose from 1,000’s of hues of light by touching the halo or through the App
- Sync your alarm with your sleep cycle through your smart phone for the best time to wake-up
- 6 built-in nature sounds which include Riverside Morning, Gentle Rain, Deep Water, Sunset Sonata, Private Beach and Hidden Forest
- FM radio
- Preset light changing modes to match with the Nature sounds
- Digital clock, Alarm uses Nature sounds or FM radio
- Audio line-in option so you can plug in an external music device like iPod/iPhone
- Free App displays total sleep time, average sleep time, sleep statics and you can control your alarm settings
- Energy efficient and long lasting LED technology
- Powered by AC/DC adaptor included.
- Designer’s form that eclipses traditional lamps
- Relax with the natural symphonies
- Play your own music anytime on your iphone by USB connection and Android smartphone by 3.5 audio line-in
- Enrich your living room atmoshpere by changeable mood color
DreamScience Brainwave Oriented Sleep Companion – Getting enough sleep is important for good health and with all the holiday stress and anxiety you definitely need to relax. This gadget helps you achieve quality and quantity of sleep though both the multi-hued mood lighting and sound. It includes twenty clinically proven brainwave embedded sounds composed by Dr Lee Bartel, Ph.D. All gadget – no app needed.
Grill-Right Bluetooth® BBQ Thermometer – You may not think that this item fits under this category but if your chicken isn’t cooked to the right temperature, you may not end up too healthy. If you BBQ and you’re a geek, this is a must accessory for the grill. Of course, it has the usual thermometer modes (different meat types) and levels ( Rare, Medium-Rare, Medium, Medium-Well and Well Done). But it has those geek extras like like an app and access to previous cooking history. Also, there is important features like cooking status indicators in three colors and sound and vibration alerts. IOS and Android compatible. Bluetooth 4.0